[not really

Options
Okay so my old MFP was deleted because I have it on my page what the difference between "pro ana" and "pro rexia" means. So this one I took it a step up and even put a disclaimer. I dare you to delete me now. Go ahead. My tumblr was deleted and I nearly took my own life. You guys don't realize just how UNSTABLE we are. If you screw with us then it just might be the last straw. Yes I agree if you're pro rexia then you deserve to have your MFP deleted. But not pro ana. Guys. Seriously?

Replies

• tbrain1989
    tbrain1989 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    just mental
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Well, that profile didn't last long!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    WTF?!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I don't get it... :huh:
  • ThimbleSizedPerfection
    Options
    I believe this person is referring to house of thin. Back in 2000 house-of-thin was a popular new "pro" website. It's members had divided themselves into two separate groups. The first group called themselves "pro rexia", they believed that anorexia and bulimia were not dangerous, and they had chosen to do it to themselves. The second group called themselves "pro ana", they understood that anorexia and bulimia were diseases that they had not meant to get themselves into, but just weren't ready for recovery yet... I hope me putting this doesn't get me put down or anything, I just came on to say my introduction... Yay for joining and wanting to become healthy!
  • triskaidekaphile13
    triskaidekaphile13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    According to Wikipedia "Pro-ana refers to the promotion of the eating disorder anorexia nervosa. It is often referred to simply as "ana" and is sometimes personified by anorexics as a girl named Ana."
  • Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Stable enough to get on the internet and ***** about it.
  • ThimbleSizedPerfection
    Options
    According to Wikipedia "Pro-ana refers to the promotion of the eating disorder anorexia nervosa. It is often referred to simply as "ana" and is sometimes personified by anorexics as a girl named Ana."

You can't use wikipedia as a reference, anyone can put whatever. Believe me when I talk about house-of-thin because I sadly report that I was a member back then and was a part of the group splitting.