20lbs in SIX WEEKS - is this possible...

Options
I have 6 weeks until my hen do and need to lose 20lbs..!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've lost 7lbs already but its not coming off quick enough.
I need some serious actions and serious tips...
Any ideas ??? !!!
Big fat bride to be :-(

Replies

• mink63
    mink63 Posts: 35
    Options
    If thats a recent picture, then no. 20 pounds in 6 weeks is a lot of weight to loss if you are not that big ( and from your profile pic you dont look big at all!) 4-5 pounds a month is a better goal. If its just to fit in your wedding dress, you might be able to do some things to lose some water weight, i dont think youll lose 20 pounds of fat by then.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Unless you're well over 240lbs, nope.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • globegirl08
    globegirl08 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly,

Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage and for your amazing results so far. You will be beautiful no matter what but totally understand where you want to be. Curious to know, have you already had your dress fitted and if not, is this all going to be considered for your final fitting date ?

Curious to know what you have been doing so far to achieve the weight loss? Honestly speaking, you should use your weight as a guide however not as a main focus to your big day. Six weeks is not a very long time to lose such a vast amount of weight however, depending on your current weight, you will most definitely be able to make big steps towards it.

Maybe give us a brief run down of your current eating style and training regime ? Dropping inches and looking fit and healthy for your special time is most definitely achievable and a great way to go into your new life.

Look forward to hearing back from you, we are all here to support but do what works for you and really work at it xx
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If your profile pic is you, you look perfect the way you are. You'll be a beautiful bride! Don't stress about the weight loss. If you're determined to lose weight, I'm sure you can manage to lose an additional 10-12 lbs by your wedding day, but IMO I really don't think you need to. Congrats to you and your future hubby!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    from where?
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Um, have you LOOKED in a mirror? If that's you in your profile pic, you're NOT fat. There is no fast way to lose 20 lbs, especially if you don't need to lose that much to begin with. Sorry.
  • KellysDiet78
    Options
    Opps.. hi everyone thanks for your comments so far... that profile picture is DEF NOT what I look like now.. that was from over a year ago.. and that's the weight I want to get back to now ! I've put it there as inpiration to prove to myself that I have done it before and will do it again.. I really should put one on of me now but wont go near a camera...
  • mink63
    mink63 Posts: 35
    Options
    Opps.. hi everyone thanks for your comments so far... that profile picture is DEF NOT what I look like now.. that was from over a year ago.. and that's the weight I want to get back to now ! I've put it there as inpiration to prove to myself that I have done it before and will do it again.. I really should put one on of me now but wont go near a camera...

Can you tell us your current weight or measurements? And your height? Its hard to give advice like this when we have no clue how big or small you are!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

I would still guess that 20 lbs over that picture is within or close to a healthy weight range for you (hard to tell from that angle), so 6 weeks is highly unlikely unless you are one of those rare people for whom stress works in your favor. Furthermore, if you are wearing a traditional dress, you should be going for your final fitting soon, and you should focus on maintaining that weight.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I have 6 weeks until my hen do and need to lose 20lbs..!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've lost 7lbs already but its not coming off quick enough.
    I need some serious actions and serious tips...
    Any ideas ??? !!!
    Big fat bride to be :-(

All you can do is stick to your daily calories allowance and do your exercise.

If you haven't quite lost the whole 20lbs, you will be less weight than if you never started at all.
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options
    I'm on week 7 at the gym and have not lost 20lbs....
  • confetti_blind
    confetti_blind Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You know that I am in the same boat as you, Hun, with my wedding coming up too. It is really tough trying to lose at the same time as the whole wedding stress. And, I can't help but think that maybe we are missing out on the whole wedding experience and build-up to the big day by putting pressure on ourselves to be a certain weight for it...

In theory, you could achieve your goal weight in the short timeframe but you would need to be doing a huge amount of cardio each day in order to generate the daily calorie deficit of 1,750 which would allow you to lose 3.5lbs a week... Is it worth putting your body and mind through so much stress and under so much pressure to achieve that goal? I dunno.

PS: you are beautiful and you will look stunning on your wedding day whether you lose the 20lbs or not. And your H2B will love you and want to marry you and that's what really matters.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I suggest aiming for 1 lb/week but focus on strength training, you will notice more changes doing that than cardio and trying to lose 3 lbs/week, maybe not on the scale but in the mirror is where you will see this difference.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    If you cut out all drinks with calories and cut out as many foods with carbs as you can find possible maybe. Also, do you mean you wanted to drop 20 lbs and have already dropped 7 lbs so you have 13 more to go over 6 weeks? Or do you mean you dropped 7 lbs and want to drop 20 lbs more? Work heavily on your torso, not just forward, but the sides as well with side crunches or leg lifts. Picking songs to dance to everyday could help too. I don't mean drink and dance I lost pounds faster when I started limiting how much alcohol I drank. Good luck.
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    OK, if this is not your current pic, and you want to look fabulous on your wedding day, throw your scale away now and stop stressing about the number. Just continue to do your cardio workouts and eat healthy (I assume that's how you've lost the 7 lbs so far). Focus strength training on the parts of your body that will be bare on your wedding day (arms, shoulders, etc.). Wedding dresses are typically designed to flatter your body, so a little extra in the midsection won't be noticed by most people. It doesn't matter if you reach that magic number on the scale that says "You're thin" as long as you feel great about yourself. Your hubby to be loves you no matter what weight you are, and that is what matters most. :o)
  • KellysDiet78
    Options
    Hey I've private messaged you .. xx
    Hi Kelly,

Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage and for your amazing results so far. You will be beautiful no matter what but totally understand where you want to be. Curious to know, have you already had your dress fitted and if not, is this all going to be considered for your final fitting date ?

Curious to know what you have been doing so far to achieve the weight loss? Honestly speaking, you should use your weight as a guide however not as a main focus to your big day. Six weeks is not a very long time to lose such a vast amount of weight however, depending on your current weight, you will most definitely be able to make big steps towards it.

Maybe give us a brief run down of your current eating style and training regime ? Dropping inches and looking fit and healthy for your special time is most definitely achievable and a great way to go into your new life.

Look forward to hearing back from you, we are all here to support but do what works for you and really work at it xx
  • KellysDiet78
    Options
    Hi thanks for your comment.. I am 5,7" inches / My current weight is 146lbs and my target weight is 126lbs .. I have been this weight before and for the first time in my life I felt amazing, so I am desperate to get back to that in time for my hen do / wedding... its just proving to be so much harder this time, and I am a seriel binger ...

Can you tell us your current weight or measurements? And your height? Its hard to give advice like this when we have no clue how big or small you are!
    [/quote]
  • KellysDiet78
    Options
    Confetti.. when is your wedding.. I completely agree with you.. the extra weight and the way I feel is definitely ruining the run up to my wedding as I feel so disgusting.. my h2b certainly loves me whatever weight, but i want to do this for me...

You know that I am in the same boat as you, Hun, with my wedding coming up too. It is really tough trying to lose at the same time as the whole wedding stress. And, I can't help but think that maybe we are missing out on the whole wedding experience and build-up to the big day by putting pressure on ourselves to be a certain weight for it...

In theory, you could achieve your goal weight in the short timeframe but you would need to be doing a huge amount of cardio each day in order to generate the daily calorie deficit of 1,750 which would allow you to lose 3.5lbs a week... Is it worth putting your body and mind through so much stress and under so much pressure to achieve that goal? I dunno.

PS: you are beautiful and you will look stunning on your wedding day whether you lose the 20lbs or not. And your H2B will love you and want to marry you and that's what really matters.
    [/quote]