Just ordered Rushfit!

Options
I just ordered Rushfit. I am pretty excited but super anxious and nervous about it. I read there are modifiers and I know there are different programs for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced, so Im hoping I dont pass out, am challenged, not bored and not turned off by the level of difficulty.
I think what got me most on this is that it is the only system I have found where I can incorporate my own cardio. I really like this as my running is a huge stress reliever for me. And although we all have stress, this summer will have me going through a new job, a divorce, and a house sale all wrapped up in about 2 months.

Wish me luck! Anyone else just starting this program or have done it? Words of advice?

Replies

• Tonwen
    Tonwen Posts: 6
    Options
    I just ordered RushFit too. It's supposed to be delivered today! I'm going to start the program on Saturday. It sounds like we share some of the same concerns, but if you run regularly, you are undoubtedly in better shape than I am! I'm afraid the RishFit is going to be way too hard for me, but I really want to give it a try.
  • Tonwen
    Tonwen Posts: 6
    Options
    Have you started yet? I did Day 1 yesterday. My fitness level is pitiful, but I had fun and worked up good sweat.
  • smileyface1115
    Options
    I just did Day 1 (Strength and Endurance).
    I dont wanna be but I think I am disappointed. I dont know. Maybe I just expected it to be so overwhelmingly difficult, but I didnt think it was awful and I didnt think it was all that hard. Here is what I think:
    1. The trainer guy!!! UUUGGGHHHH. Does he ever not talk at all??? Holy cow I have done a bazillion DVDs and this guy is the MOST ANNOYING guy I have ever heard!! He thoroughly annoys me and I am not easily annoyed at all. I was sick of his voice after the warm up!
    2. I was bored in the warm up. I know! Its only a warm up! But goodness-get me excited for a workout people! No, I wanted to take a nap. And the guy says "if you are fatigued.." in the first move of torso twists! Cmon!
    3. Really thought 45 min would seem like an eternity but it went really quickly I thought. I guess its the 5 round set up, but I liked this.
    4. REALLY hard on my wrists!!! I have carpal tunnel and so much of this is done in a plank position/power plank (burpee). I tried to use dumbbells but nearly impossible with burpees. This isnt a deal breaker, but definitely more uncomfortable than Id expected.
    5. Lots of core and I love this!
    6. Ill look forward to the next workout, but I dont feel like I burned many calories (290 only) and the handy lil notebook says for me to have a 900 cal/day deficit. Id have to do this 3x/day for that! Mind not made up just yet (only Day 1!), but as of right now, I dont see the ripped body I was hoping for.
  • Tysonlovesweights
    Tysonlovesweights Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    if you ordered rushfit, the "trainer guy" is Georges St. Pierre, UFC champion. most people who buy those workouts are hoping to do the workouts he does to get in shape for a fight, not that any of those workouts would be on the dvd's.
  • smileyface1115
    Options
    if you ordered rushfit, the "trainer guy" is Georges St. Pierre, UFC champion. most people who buy those workouts are hoping to do the workouts he does to get in shape for a fight, not that any of those workouts would be on the dvd's.

No I know who GSP is. That isnt who I am talking about. The trainer guy is the trainer guy for GSP. I bought the DVD because I like kickboxing-type workouts and am looking for muscle definition. In the handbook, it speaks to how this program can be for anyone from a beginner level to an athlete wanting to train. I have only done one workout so I cannot speak to that yet. GSP is really only a subject in the DVD, not the trainer.
  • smileyface1115
    Options
    Alright this is ridiculous. I just did the second workout. Ab and Core or something like that. This is a JOKE! Half of the moves are the EXACT same as yesterdays. There is NO physiological reason to do the exact same squats two days in a row. Furthermore, there is no reason to do the same exercises in a program that has multiple DVDs on consecutive days. There is zero order in the sequence. I have a significant background in exercise physiology and this is just pissing me off. In 31 min I burned a whopping 162 calories. I could have done that on a walk around the block. Now I am going to have to work out again later today. And Im doing the "INTERMEDIATE" version. What a joke!
    Sorry for my anger, I am just so disappointed in this. I will do each workout once and then decide for sure, but as of right now it is GOING BACK. Not worth the first payment I made let alone 2 more! Really upset...
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Half of the moves are the EXACT same as yesterdays.

Wow! Sorry to hear that.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I trained in kickboxing for 10 years and I actually hated Rushfit. I LOVE Les Mills Combat though.
  • smileyface1115
    Options
    I am now wondering about the Les Mills Combat program. I was just worried it was a big "dis"organized (similar to Insanity)? The titles of the programs suggest similar moves (I am comparing this to something like P90x where there is a leg day and an upper day, ect).
    How long are the workouts? How long have you been doing them? What kind of results have you seen? I am really wanting to build some muscle but I have a layer of blubber over them so I gotta have some cardio in there too.
    Thanks for any help!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I am now wondering about the Les Mills Combat program. I was just worried it was a big "dis"organized (similar to Insanity)? The titles of the programs suggest similar moves (I am comparing this to something like P90x where there is a leg day and an upper day, ect).
    How long are the workouts? How long have you been doing them? What kind of results have you seen? I am really wanting to build some muscle but I have a layer of blubber over them so I gotta have some cardio in there too.
    Thanks for any help!

I'm not the right person to ask because I've only done 5 of the videos. It's not the same as P90x. I've done the 30 and 60 minute videos both regular and live workout versions (just slightly different). I prefer the 30 minute one because the 60 is basically the 30 with a bit of extra cardio plus a longer cool down/stretch etc. The 30 minute video doesn't have a cool down. It's full on all the way through. I've also done the HIIT and liked it but there are a few I haven't tried. I just do them for cross-training between running and lifting.
  • smileyface1115
    Options
    Boxed up RushFit today. I went through every single DVD. This is such a poorly constructed unoriginal program. So disappointed. It isnt difficult, its the lack of education, thought and originality that bothers me. Not worth the first payment of $30 let alone two more payments.
  • coachlove
    coachlove Posts: 9
    Options
    If you decide to do an in home training program, it's extremely important that you choice one that you like. If the MMA style workouts are your thing, there are plenty out there. Good luck and hope you find your soulmate workout. ~Coach Love