400 calorie lunch ideas please :)

Options
Hi all ,

I am back to work on Monday (after two weeks off) and I am looking for some ideas for lunch that are roughly 400 calories including all food groups.

I work in an office so easy and simple stuff I can take to work.

I am quite fussy with food :( so nothing too exotic lol :)

Let me know if you have any ideas :) ta

Replies

• mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Check my diary, I've been having the same thing recently for lunch at my desk.
  • ThimbleSizedPerfection
    Options
    If you're okay with your lunch being just a bit over 400 I have a great meal for 430!

Subway is FILLED with fresh and healthy meals, but this one is my favorite.

6" Flatbread, Tuna, No Cheese, every veggie you could possibly want, no dressing = 430 kcal (that is if you don't count the veggies, which you shouldn't because they're so good for you!)
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    If you're okay with your lunch being just a bit over 400 I have a great meal for 430!

Subway is FILLED with fresh and healthy meals, but this one is my favorite.

6" Flatbread, Tuna, No Cheese, every veggie you could possibly want, no dressing = 430 kcal (that is if you don't count the veggies, which you shouldn't because they're so good for you!)

If it takes you 5 minutes to walk there and back you don't have to consider the extra 30kcal ;)
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    a sandwich, a tuna salad, rice salad, cous cous with vegetables... there are plenty of options.
    I don't know your tastes, so I can't be more specific, just add everything you like :)
  • ThimbleSizedPerfection
    Options
    Oh I just remembered some more.

Bird's Eye Fresh Brown Rice is 150 kcalories a cup, I think a bag has 2-3 cups in it. GREAT for popping in the microwave at work.

Tilapia is 80 kcalories a fish, cook it up ahead of time and then just reheat at work, it would go great with your rice!

(not really a meal, but a snack) Rice Cake Pizza:
    1 rice cake,1 Tbsp ketchup, sprinkle on some Italian Seasoning, 1 slice Kraft Fat Free American Cheese. Pop in the microwave for 7 seconds (any more and the cheese will harden)

SALAD SALAD SALAD
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    This is really delicious hot or cold...keeps nicely in the fridge and good mix of veggies and protein from the chickpeas...

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2009/01/warm-butternut-squash-and-chickpea-salad/
  • dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That's about what I allow for lunch. I like variety and usually save one extra portion from dinner for Lunch the next day. Here are some others:

2 oz lean deli meat, 1 slice cheese, mustard, veggies on an Orowheat This or skinnyeverything bagel; add Popchips and a piece of fruit

1/4 c hummus, pita chips, cucumber- tomato salad with fat free balsamic vinaigrette; add an orange

Scoop of chicken or tuna salad on top of spinach or spring ,is; add tomatoes or other veggies. Mix well and tha mayo from the protein salad will coat your veggies so you don't need dressing. Fruit on the side

Black bean and corn salad (see AllRecipes.com) with baked Tostitos or make a taco salad with 2 oz of leftover taco meat. I make a dressing by mixing salad with low fat sour cream and a dash of hot sauce

Potstickers are about 50 cals each. Have 4-5 with some stir fry veggies; no rice.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
  • norfolkbride1
    Options
    Thank you for your ideas :) I will have a little looky into buying most items lol :) damn food shopping