Lost Motivation - really could do with finding it!

Options
Right so I previously lost 30lbs....I've gained 10lbs since Xmas which isn't too bad considering that I haven't really logged or exercised since Xmas due to many reasons.

I am starting teacher training in september and I really want to be fitter, healthier and thinner so I can start the beginning of my future the best I possibly can. I know its a work in progress and that it's a long road to being healthy completely and its mind over matter but I'm finding it so hard atm.

I feel that the ones (outside of MFP) who used to support me have now walked away and I don't think that's helping.

The thought of exercising again scares me and so I need to gradually get into it again whilst still seeing results....So yeah I'm chasing a unicorn right now!

Just needed a rant. I have to do this for me. I'm struggling.

Replies

• koing
    koing Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'd look to join a club or sorts, an adult gymnastics class if you have one near you, crossfit or a weightlifting club.

Koing
  • refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Don;t be intimidated with working out. It is hard for everyone who is trying to get fit. When I first started running or with crossfit, I could barely do more than 10mins, but with a consistent plan and healthy diet, I am getting stronger and better and more confident. Your body needs to be active to stay healthy, it was made with so many amazing capabilities that you are missing out on.

If you really want to get healthy, you will work your *kitten* off. Results are not overnight and it won't be easy. Go over in your mind the reasons you want to be fit and even write them down for the times you aren't feeling motivated. You can do it!
  • dealienem
    dealienem Posts: 11
    Options
    Just start slow! Maybe try just doing stretches when you first get up. Then just though out the day when you think about it hold your stomach in. Stretch whenever possible.

Juicing is working for me right now.:smile:
  • haidos
    haidos Posts: 69
    Options
    Are you scared of succeeding? If not you have nothing to lose, if so you need to ask yourself why?
  • ayedemi17
    ayedemi17 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just walking may even get you started. I know that it is tough when you have no support, but remember you are doing this for yourself. Try not to look for results right away...just find something that is easy to do and do it :) I am a teacher and the amount of walking you do during the day and do not realize it is incredible, but you definitely want to be able to keep up. I just started and I am taking those small steps to get better at working out...really just talk yourself into going for a nice stroll. :) Good luck.
  • dstaceyrn
    dstaceyrn Posts: 2
    Options
    Congratulations! You have been have been able to keep those other 20 lbs off. The holidays are a tough time of year diet-wise. I always recommend that people dont get their bloodwork done in January or February.

How exciting that you are starting a new chapter in your life as a teacher. Education is so important, it makes all the difference in our destiny. Its a huge life change and a great time to reassess everything. I like you, am starting my new career path and dont want to be a "fat nurse". Everytime I go to a meeting, I cringe. How can we help others when we can't help ourselves? Staying healthy is a lifelong endeavor much like learning.

I dont have any support system. My friends either dont need it or do and dont want to look at me so they have to admit it for themselves?

Why are you afraid to exercise? Though I guess I am too. I look at a post that talked about crunches etc. Ugh. I have a gym membership and have never really been there. I went to the library and got some dance and exercise tapes and have been doing that. I even used our Wii for the first time, It was fun. That's what I need to do, I cant "exercise" if it's boring.

I love your quote...."So yeah I'm chasing a unicorn right now!"

One bite at a time, one step at a time. We do have our whole lives. We just need to do alittle better today than we did yesterday. We will see the results of the culmination of those little bits of progress!.
  • traumaticthrash
    Options
    Hi Steph,

we're all humans... I have been where you are as well in terms of losing motivation. but 1 thing helps me the most and that is looking back at what you achieved. Losing 30 pounds is one heck of an achievement.

and guess what? You did it.

what I'm trying to say is, i wouldn't put 10 quid on you not achieving again ... and 10 Pounds is peanuts.
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all your support! Means a lot.

I think my problem is that I'm nervous about starting up my exercise again as I was doing so well and know my fitness has suffered due to my laziness. It's difficult to admit you've let yourself down.

But that has definitely given me more confidence to prove I can do this.

Maybe unicorns are easy to find after all!!! And I really need to get my wii back up and running....it's collecting dust ATM!!

Thanks again!!!! :)

Steph