Do you need to do more than Insanity?

Options
I am doing Insanity 3 days a week, strong lifts 3 days a week. I know it is recommended to get 1 hour of exercise per day but the Insanity videos really are only about 30 minutes of actual cardio, the rest is warm up and cool down, with breaks in workout as well...but since you're pushing so hard during the 30 minutes that you are working out it should be okay right?

Replies

• poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Insanity is extremely intense workout. Although the videos are between 40 and 60 minutes it is more that enough. If you want to increase your activity why don't you do the recommended 6 day a week insanity instead of 3 days? If you find insanity easy you can continue with insanity the asylum vol 1 and vol 2
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Insanity is extremely intense workout. Although the videos are between 40 and 60 minutes it is more that enough. If you want to increase your activity why don't you do the recommended 6 day a week insanity instead of 3 days? If you find insanity easy you can continue with insanity the asylum vol 1 and vol 2

It is hard for me to do Insanity and StrongLifts both in one day otherwise I would do the full 6. I have 10 more weeks of StrongLifts then I may switch to the 6 days.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options

It is hard for me to do Insanity and StrongLifts both in one day otherwise I would do the full 6. I have 10 more weeks of StrongLifts then I may switch to the 6 days.

Then you have answered your own question.

As long as you have a calorie deficit, you are fine to continue losing weight. Besides, 30 a minutes a day is better than nothing. If you feel it is too much, it probably is.
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    In my opinion the warm up really isn't a warm up so you must be super-fit! :)

That said, perhaps switch your 3 days of Insanity to the Month 2 Max workouts. They add another 15 mins or so to month 1 with an additional set of moves to the equation. Max Interval Circuit, Max Interval Plyo and Max Cardio & Conditioning
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    In my opinion the warm up really isn't a warm up so you must be super-fit! :)

That said, perhaps switch your 3 days of Insanity to the Month 2 Max workouts. They add another 15 mins or so to month 1 with an additional set of moves to the equation. Max Interval Circuit, Max Interval Plyo and Max Cardio & Conditioning

lol no I meant the warm up stretch! Not the warm up exercises!