Please help :(

Options
Im so discouraged, I've opened my diary for viewing please view....

I CANNOT loose weight EVER not one pound despite all my efforts

I went for zero exercise to cardio 4hrs a week / weight training 2 hrs a week...

Im working with a personal trainer, I was eating 900-1100 cals, he's now suggested I forget that and just eat as much protein as I can ( he suggest .8* your body weight)

Im trying that still nothing...Ive been going hard for a month - I've actually gained a few ounces....

I just want to go back to the way I was eating I might as well cant loose...

help

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    What is your current height and weight?

Do you know your current bodyfat%?

WHEN did you make the change from zero exercise to cardio+weights?

Do you own a food scale?
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Your personal trainer should not be giving anybody nutritional advice.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    are you still only eating 900 cals?
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    I can already tell you that you're not eating nearly enough. Use a TDEE calculator and subract 500 calories from that number. That's what you should eat everyday.
  • coldwishes
    coldwishes Posts: 49
    Options
    You need to be eating waayyy more than 1000 calories for a start.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I am far from an expert but here are my thoughts. It doesn't look as if you are eating enough to support the exercise. You need to drink your water. Good luck.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your body is in starvation mode. I would up your calories to 1200-1400 per day.
  • KatieBee8
    KatieBee8 Posts: 61
    Options
    I would definitely forget the 900-100 calorie a day diet. On Monday this week you only had 300 calories, is that correct? :noway:

I don't know your figures but I would up your calorie intake to around 1400-1600 calories a day, with lots of fruits and veegtables. Exercise approximately 4 times a week, with a mixture of cardio and strength.

Best of luck :smile:
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You need to eat MORE, a mouse would have a hard time with that!

Are you drinking water? if you are, LOG it.

Work out your BMR etc, and it'll come

Good Luck!
  • srfinaz
    srfinaz Posts: 2
    Options
    A couple of things that may already have been asked
    1. How Tall are you?
    2. What is your current weight?
    3. Why are you setting your calories at 1000 -- you should increase this
    4. How much water are you drinking everyday

- I am not a trainer or nutritionist, but your calories seem way low
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    1. Definitely eat more than 1200 calories, and definitely take in the protein as your trainer recommended (that just makes sense regardless of who told you to do it).
    2. Log everything - and I mean *everything* - that you eat: food, drinks, vitamins, etc. Do it religiously.
    3. Figure out what your BMR and TDEE are. Get a heart rate monitor, or a FitBit, or a Nike Fuel Band, or just do the math, but figure it out! Once you figure THAT out, then you eat at a deficit from there.

This takes time and patience. This is not a sprint, it's a long-distance marathon. Like the tortoise and the hare, slow and steady wins the race.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Up your calories by 100 a week, if you're not comfortable just going all in to a more reasonable number. Look up Eat More to Weigh Less and In Place of a Road Map. If you're weight training you need more protein and calories for energy. Whatever you do give it 6 weeks before you decide its not working anymore.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I agree with all those who say you are not eating enough, 900 calories is not enough, up it at least to 1400 minimum, otherwise your body goes into starvation mode and you will not lose. Eat lots of veggies and fruit as well as protein and drink at least 8 cups of water a day.
  • fabiomuralha
    fabiomuralha Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The first that I suggest you... eat more calories girl , something about 1600 - 1900 and wait... Your body probably gonna gain some weight at the beginning , don't worry you'll lose that fast... be patience = )
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others so far. You are eating way too little. But I see your fat intake, with the exception of Monday where you barely ate anything, is on the high side. As another poster suggested, I would increase your fruit and veggie intake. Less fried and processed food, more foods that will give your body the vitamins and minerals it needs. Drink more water, eat lean protein, but overall, eat more! You are not logging the exercise, but if you are burning even just a moderate amount, you need to either figure it into your daily calorie allotment or eat at least some of it back.
  • ericalynn0193
    Options
    Don't give up! The first month or so that I started increasing my exercise was frustrating because I didn't lose anything, either. I actually gained a few pounds, and it was confusing because I was eating fine. The key is to focus on how you feel overall - are you feeling stronger and healthier? By the sounds of it you are not eating nearly enough - you need to fuel your body properly for the amount of exercise you are doing. In my experience, as long as you are giving your body what it needs, then eventually you will start to see a change. Just be patient and stay consistent with the exercise. Sometimes our bodies can be a bit stubborn, but if you work hard enough for long enough you will see results.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    a good goal would be 100 calories an hour in 3 hr intervals , so every 3 hrs have approx 300 calories. your food choices seem pretyy good. but if you tried this and doesnt work we need to look into something else
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are taking your measurements regularly, too. Sometimes the scale won't move, but your clothes will start fitting better, and your body will be firmer.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Waaaaaaayyyyyy too low!! On Monday you didn't even eat 300 calories?? Or did you not log it all? In any case, for the past week you haven't even touched 1200 calories.

A) Don't go by the scale. It's a liar!
    B) Take your measurements or check the mirror
    C) Please don't eat below 1200 calories. It only makes you feel miserable and you will lose lean muscle mass.

^All above is from personal experience.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Yup, eat more calories. It's a hard concept to grasp, but stick with your protein plan from your trainer.