I NEED IDEAS FOR LUNCH (LOW-CARB)

Options
2»

Replies

• HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    My friend just posted this photo this morning. It's of her lunches (she eats twice) during the day. (She's 5'5" 130lbs of muscle.)
    4dd53ac8-8132-4191-8183-5de3317dcc92.jpg
  • ecc312
    ecc312 Posts: 17
    Options
    Omelets are great (or if you suck at cooking like me, egg and veggie scrambles)
    -- I like to add spinach, onion, and cheese or spinach, onion, and mushrooms

There are these tortillas called "La Tortilla Factory High Fiber/Low Carb Large Whole Wheat Tortillas" and they are 80 calories, 6 net carbs (12 g of fiber). They're great. You can make wraps with them, roll up some tuna/turkey/cheese/etc. and add some lettuce and whatever else your heart desires.

Tunafish with hummus instead of mayo. Sounds weird but it's actually pretty good, and you can put it in sandwiches and wraps or lettuce wraps.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Google "Beer Can Chicken" Weber makes an excellent rub for roasting this type of chicken. Don't always have to use Beer, some sodas work good also.

Serve with salad or anything else you want, you will have a whole chicken, explore your options.

Also check out Flat Out wraps, low carb and good bread replacement.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    You could make a tortilla pizza using a low-carb tortilla, mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce.
  • DDCNY
    DDCNY Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have been buying these low carb tortillas from Tumaro's. http://www.tumaros.com/
    5 net carbs and only 60 cal and 2 g of fat. I roll a bunch of spinach inside and put them in a bag for work. Then in a separate bag I put some cooked meat to put inside. I roll it all together when I am ready to eat lunch to keep everything fresh. Here's my "cooked meat" ideas.

Cut a defrosted and raw salmon fillet into pieces and fit them together to form a hot dog shape. Then broil or roast in the oven. The salmon will hold this shape so you can easily roll it into your wrap.

Form a hot dog shape with ground turkey. I like to use 1:1 94% lean and 99% lean or a ratio of 1:1:4 with the two ground turkeys and 95% lean ground beef. I like to add dried spices to this.

Pulse some boneless and skinless chicken breast pieces in a food processor until they are finely chopped but not mushy. Add your favorite seasonings. Form into the same hotdog shape.

I do the ground chicken or lean ground turkey with ricotta, parm cheese, and assorted seasonings with some carb careful bread crumbs. A little beaten egg. I prep this the way people would prep the stuffing for stuffed shells. Then I form it into (can you guess?) a hot dog shape so that it can be easily wrapped.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Where I work we order in every day from a sandwich place. I talked to them and I now order different stuff on a bed of spinach or arugula instead of on bread. Had sausage parm on spinach today. Have had grilled and fried chicken breast with fresh mozz and tomota on both spinach and on arugala. 2 other people in my office are now doing the same thing.
  • calbadger
    calbadger Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Grilled tilapia fish tacos (with a dry rub) work fairly well, especially if you use the traditional corn tortillas. Two of them, with slaw, salsa, cheese and sour cream completely fill me up and I'm 6'4". Not much carbs, plenty of nurtrition, plus they are cheap and tasty.
  • ldiaz0303
    ldiaz0303 Posts: 13
    Options
    LINDA'S LOW CARB MENUS & RECIPES
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/

^ Holy Grail of low carb recipes
    thank you soooooooooooooooooooo much !!