Who knew?

Options
Adding veggies (thin baby carrots and broccoli) and a few cubs of sauté express (garlic and herb) to cut up chicken (1lb) could be so delicious and simple?!

Anyone else have delicious yet simple add ins that make things like plain old chicken (or other meats), not plain or bland, anymore?

Replies

• stepho38
    stepho38 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love making chicken with them, but you know I never thought to use it with veggies. I just figured out what is for dinner tonight. Thanks for the suggestion
  • tbrain1989
    tbrain1989 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i have a quick tip

you havent bothered to marinade anything and you know you have bland meat at home... no problem

take what ever dry seasonings or rubs or wet spices / marinades, rather then cover the meat and then let it sit in the fridge for 8 hours, cover it in generous helpings of spice or marinade and then place in a try in the oven covered at about 100% celcius for half an hour

then either uncover and ramp the oven up or as i like to do, get the BBQ or griddle pan roasting hot and sear the meat. it absolutely locks any flavour in
  • paperangel87
    Options
    You're welcome :)
  • paperangel87
    Options
    That sounds like a good idea. Thanks! :)
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I like adding onions and garlic to a lot of things. Experimenting with different herbs and spices can really liven up a dish, too.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Left over kale: chop it up in a blender with garlic and a splash of lemon juice and add to mashed potatoes. I have had kids ask for my green potatoes:).
  • Lauran845
    Lauran845 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love Adobo seasoning! I made Kale chips for the first time in my life last night and actually went too heavy with it, so they are very salty. Normally I through a tablespoon of it on top of a couple of pieces of chicken before I cook it and it is sooooooooo yummy! It really doesn't matter what veggies I add to dinner because the meat is so flavorful that my veggies do not taste bland.
  • jamielovesbob
    Options
    I make a spice rub and keep it in a zip lock back and marinate whatever meat I want to have that night in the morning in a zip lock bag and leave it in the fridge until I pull it out to cook that night. My favorite is pork tenderloin with cumin/cayenne/cinnamon/salt/pepper/groundmustard/brown sugar. I serve this with couscous and raisins and a veggie. I also look for any type of unusual spice rub for chicken such as a Middleeastern Blend and if I want a Mexican-inspired chicken I buy Mojo brand marinades which are in a bottle and usually only found in large international type stores.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love Adobo seasoning! I made Kale chips for the first time in my life last night and actually went too heavy with it, so they are very salty. Normally I through a tablespoon of it on top of a couple of pieces of chicken before I cook it and it is sooooooooo yummy! It really doesn't matter what veggies I add to dinner because the meat is so flavorful that my veggies do not taste bland.

kale chips?! how do you make them, that sounds yummy!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

kale chips?! how do you make them, that sounds yummy!

Kale chips are vile... LOL at least the two times I tried them.

Adobo is a great spice to use with chicken. I also like to use Cumin...

I also have stopped cooking chicken breasts... and switched to thighs... SO much more flavor and they are basically imposable to overcook or dry out. I will season then, saute them in a pan.. add in some veggies and deglase the pan with white wine make a batch of quinoa in the rice cooker and BANG great dinner.
  • jobean12
    jobean12 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love adobo too! Could you share how you made the kale chips?