Finally made an appointment with my doctor...

Options
ken_hogan
ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
Been over a year and a half since I had my physical. I am actually looking forward to it in a way just to see how my cholesterol and other bloodwork has changed, assuming for the better. I know this one thing may sound odd, but every time I went to the doc for a physical one question that was always asked was if I exercised, and I felt slightly embarassed in a way because I KNEW I needed to but never did. Now I can finally honestly say that I've been running and signed up for 2 5K's so far. Have a nice Thursday everyone!!

Replies

• thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    That's terrific! You'll have to let us know how things turn out!
  • dan_boisvert_sub5x50
    dan_boisvert_sub5x50 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good for you Ken. I hear you loud and clear about the doctor's visits!
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I always love going to the doctor when I've been consistently exercising because I still don't "look" like I exercise and I like surprising them. :laugh: I'm betting your doctor will be amazed at your progress, way to go!!! :drinker:
  • gogoboobzilla
    gogoboobzilla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    The exercise thing doesn't sound odd at all. It forces you to stop and think about stuff in the back of your mind you know you should be doing. It's uncomfortable. I have an appointment with my doctor for the first time in a couple years soon as well. Good luck!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I have been to the doctors twice recently and they haven't weighed me :sad: SO disappointed!
    Well done you on your progress. Hope the blood work shows it :smile:
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I have a annual appointment today, and I can't wait for the doctor to see I have kept the weight off, and still exercising daily. Woot-Woot!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!