Im new and im looking for some support and motivation

Options
Hello everyone I am a 20 year old from Vancouver and I have wanted to lose weight for the longest time. I am truly not happy in the skin I am in I weigh 195 and I hope to lose at least 50 pounds. Its really hard for me to lose weight because I am completely on my own with absolutely no motivation and my dad is constantly poking fun at my weight but its honestly not funny. Another obstacle is I just graduated school and I am still currently looking for a job so I can move out because the food my dad buys is disgusting I understand portion control and stuff but fries and fatty burgers will never be good for you no matter how little you eat. Sorry for writing so much but long story short I am looking for some people who can motivate me and give me some positive feedback on exercizes and maybe some great meal ideas :)

Replies

• clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You (and anyone else) can add me if you like. This site has helped me a lot, friends here help motivate, and there is lots of good (and BAD) information. Good luck to you!
  • jandjcassidy
    jandjcassidy Posts: 143
    Options
    I will like to keep you motivated I'll add you!
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me as a friend and I will be more than willing to provide support and keep you motivated!
  • HuneeBunee08
    HuneeBunee08 Posts: 168
    Options
    Feel free to add me.. We can keep each other motivated.. Im always up for challenges as well!!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    The best thing for me was to cut out food in increments. Like if I went to fast food I would order a small meal instead of medium then eventually cut out cokes and so forth. Or instead of fast food I would go to the grocery store and buy a healthy choice meal. If you like cokes then buy the small ones instead of the big ones and drink water the rest of the day. You look to make bad foods a treat instead of an everyday thing. There are all kinds of alternatives out there. If you want to know them then just start a forum and people will respond. Just remember as long as you stick to your daily goals the weight will come off. I got to my goals by just using beach body DVD's and when I hit my plateau I ordered Beach Body Shakeology and then weight decreased again.
  • em_cee93
    em_cee93 Posts: 9
    Options
    @VanessaGS Well some foods I dont need to worry about like I hate pretty much all junk food,candy and chocolate and I hate pop but I do love juice I'm just gonna have to watch out for how much sugar is in it.
  • Raeontherun
    Raeontherun Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi! Anyone can add me; I'm 34 years old and this is my journey through life!! Good luck to you.
  • Success1984
    Success1984 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You and anyone else can add me. I love to motivate.
  • CherryWoman
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I believe everyone needs motivation. including myself. we all want the same- to be healthy inside and out! This journey may be long and curvy, but we ALL can do it!!! I realized for the first time. I am WORTH IT and so R YOU!!! :smile:

That goes for anyone else...please add me if you want motivation and support...I am willing to help anyone. :smile:
  • sweetpeas317
    sweetpeas317 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello, You can add me as a friend, you are not alone. It can be hard to initially get going and even harder if you dont have support at home but You can do this and with the help of all the nice people here it will give you the strength and motivation that you need to make yourself healthy and happy. :happy:
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody feel free to add me. Im such a lazy *kitten*!!!!! :I Lets motivate each other! :) oh Im from Germany by the way
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    i LOVE Vancouver! You have so many great places to walk, which is a great way for you to get out and about and lose weight for free (we all love free, right?)

While you look for work why not ask your dad if you can take over the shopping to save him a chore - then you can choose some healthy otions (even if you still have to buy his less healthy choices), including some nice picnic stuff you can take to the park.

Feel free to add me.
  • CCajina
    CCajina Posts: 11
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me!
    We are all here for each other. : )
  • x88BOMBER14x
    Options
    Any one could add me also. I have a ton of great meal ideas that are easy to cook and yummy!, ways to drink your 8 glasses of water everyday with ease, and exercise routines that make you feel great afterwards! Good Luck everyone!!!!!