I NEED SOMETHING CRUNCHY AND SWEET!!!

Options
My office has been extremely busy dealing with the natural disaster claims all over the country (I work at a temporary housing company). To keep us calm, they've been providing free food every day for over a week. And it's ridiculously good stuff! I'm the only angry one in my office and I'm getting very, very angry.

It just hit me, I need something crunchy and sweet, this is a craving emergency, and I'm terrified to walk into the grocery store without a plan right now.

Any good ideas to help keep me sane?

Replies

• WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    How about sliced apples or some watermelon? I know neither of those are super crunch, but both are sweet and good for you. I have been seriously addicted to watermelon for about a month and the health benefits of eating it is just an added plus.
    Stay strong Doll! You can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • ILuvMoo
    ILuvMoo Posts: 41
    Options
    I have a serious addicition to the texture of cookies. Fruit does NOT scratch that itch. I feel your pain.

See if you can get something that you can spread out/make last... like the 100 calorie packs of the mini Chips Ahoy or mini Oreos... or just some plain dark chocolate chips. If you can make a serving last all afternoon, you don't have to find a substitute for the real thing.

Nutella and saltines is my current go-to breakfast.

Or maybe some graham crackers, or chocolate graham crackers.

The trick is nibbling and making it last instead of mindlessly inhaling the entire package while you're working.
  • corker1971
    Options
    caramel snack a jacks!
  • TLow97
    TLow97 Posts: 55
    Options
    Maybe some candied walnuts...?
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    True North - Chocolate Nut Crunch = This thing has been my awesome find, even my husband likes them and because they're nuts they're filling. 5 pieces/clusters = 160 calories, 11g of fat, 11g of Carbs, 7g of sugar, 4g of protein ... Maybe not the best but it's better than a huge bag of cookies.
  • hookedonfitbit
    hookedonfitbit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Freeze dried strawberries and mangoes!! They're my latest addiction. Not a lot of calories yet super crunchy with the exact taste of the fruit. Trader Joe's, Target (Archer Farms) are two places I know. The strawberries are sweeter at Trader Joe's.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I have the same exact craving ALL the time crunchy and sweet ....try a single serving of chocolate covered almonds... (dark chocolate if you can muster)... I stick mine in the freezer before i eat them i love it.... You get the crunchy and benefit of protein and fat in the almonds and sweet from the chocolate....

JUST DONT GET BULK cause you will do what i do fail and eat the whole bunch
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow dream clusters, chocolate, caramel, and crispy crunchies
  • IrritatedDoro
    IrritatedDoro Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I buy bags or bulk containers of nut, chocolate, raisin, craisin type snacks and seperate them into little containers of 130 calories (1 oz. serving size). I pretty much fit one of these (or two) into my daily meal allotment. They have protein and fat (but the good kind).
  • run4thewin
    run4thewin Posts: 10
    Options
    Air-pop popcorn, drizzle a honey, sugar, and cinnamon blend (measurements depend on amount of popcorn). If you can wait, spread on a baking sheet and bake at 300 for 20-30 minutes, turning often to avoid burning.

You can also prepare a fruity jello mix for candied popcorn, see here: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/12/fruity-candy-popcorn/

Maybe reduce sugar or substitute honey to keep down the carbs and cals? At least you'll get some fiber!
  • traumaticthrash
    Options
    Crunchy Peanut Butter.. well it aint too sweet but it sure is crunchy ^_^
  • KLouHerout
    KLouHerout Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Loving all the ideas guys!!

I do freeze dried fruit pretty often and it's great, but this is a different sort of beast...I think what I'm actually craving right now is churros, so the popcorn idea with cinnamon sounds like a great idea (if I can hold out till I get home tonight)

I'm glad to see this list though, cause this kind of craving definitely hits every once in a while and it'll be good to look back on.