Restaurants

Options
So I am dating someone and he likes to eat out a lot, any good suggestions on making good choices at restaurants? Last night was a bust. I am awesome at controlling my day if i am eating food I get at the store but once I get into a burger joint with cheese fries or chips and salsa I loose it.

Replies

• haaaleyx
    haaaleyx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    If I know where I'm going beforehand, I usually look at the menus on the website to pre-plan what i'm going to get. Or else I'll end up getting something worth enough calories for three people.
    If you just go out on a whim, just try subbing fries with veggies, if you get a salad get dressing on the side. Just try and make the healthiest choices you can. If you really want a burger and fries, eat only half of it.
  • skinnylikekitkat
    Options
    I usually look at the menu and try to imagine what I will wish I ate the next day.
    So like, the next morning when I go on the scales what will I regret eating least. Or choose a starter, that will be even better! Ofcourse refuse bread when they offer it in restaurants and always ask your boyfriend if he wants to try your dish - it's romantic and means you will eat less!
  • OwenEvan
    OwenEvan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I agree with the pre-plan, when my wife and I eat out we both usually try to look at the menu on our phones to have a plan. It seems when I am put on the spot and must order based on what I want it always ends badly.