3 months progress report (pic)

Options
Timshel_
Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
I love seeing everyone's progress and often feel a bit left out of the excitement. I am not making huge improvements like some of the amazing people here, but after taking updated progress pictures this morning I was pleased to see myself getting back in shape. The amount of weight isn't huge (approx. 8 pounds between these photos, though I ahve actually lost closer to 15 overall), but with the work I have been doing in interval training cardio and stregnth training, I think I have toned up and thinned down. Those damn love handles though will be the death of me! lol.

All this was achieved without any extreme diet changes and actually some pretty lax eating habits and vacations. I certainly could have been another 10 pounds down had I been more diligent, but I have committed to enjoying life as much as I embrace health, so I still need to find that happy medium. It's close, but not there yet too.

Along with the physical changes there are some NSV and non-visual impacts getting back to a healthy lifestyle has brought about.

First and foremost is my left knee, which had been sore and apperantly ready for surgery I was told. While it still has a bit of a pop and is sore at times, I have a much better range of motion and I am able to perfom competitively in tennis MUCH better. That is also true for my cardio endurance and my recovery after matches.

My resting heart rate has gone down from around 70 to closer to 60 and below.

I am down from an XL shirt and a 36 inch waist to a L shirts and 32's.

I am able to leap tall building in a single bound. Okay, not yet but my vertical is coming back even.

So Thanks for reading and looking. Props to everyone who is trying to be the better you that you want!

3months.png

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!