A little NSV, share yours too!!

Options
Hopefully, this helps people to know that you will start to naturally eat less over time.

So I usually order a QT of House Lo Mein (combination of pork, chicken, and shrimp) from my local Chinese place, and of course I usually would eat the entire QT. Not last night though!! I ate about half, and was actually pretty full! I had been avoiding it for a while to make sure I didn’t go over board or anything. But I was able to successfully only eat half, and will actually have the other half tonight for dinner. So woohoo!!

So I want to know, what dish(es) did you used to eat the entire thing, but now can’t anymore??

Replies

• eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I was just going to post a very similar NSV! I made pizza the other night, which I haven't done in a while. This is a real treat for me, and I was looking forward to pigging out at dinner all day. I had budgeted out the calories for my usual serving ahead of time, and made sure to squeeze enough exercise in (a victory in and of itself). Lo and behold, having eaten half of what I normally eat, I felt just fine putting the rest in the fridge for leftovers. Yay!
  • aperrillioux
    aperrillioux Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Well! In my bigger days I used to down a Popeyes 3 piece meal, biscuit and soft drink included. Nowadays though, I struggle through eating a full two pieces and rarely am able to eat the biscuit. And only drink water with it. That makes me happy. God that Popeyes is so good. But it makes you feel soooo awful after.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Of course, age will do it for you too. Back when I was young (it seems like that was in the 15th century or so) I could get my money's worth on an all you could eat champagne brunch at the finest hotel anywhere. Now I couldn't get my money's worth at a $3.99 breakfast buffet at Golden Corral or Shoney's.

And I'm not complaining about it one bit. Saves money and calories.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Of course, age will do it for you too. Back when I was young (it seems like that was in the 15th century or so) I could get my money's worth on an all you could eat champagne brunch at the finest hotel anywhere. Now I couldn't get my money's worth at a $3.99 breakfast buffet at Golden Corral or Shoney's.

And I'm not complaining about it one bit. Saves money and calories.

Encouraging!!! :wink:
  • DeeBrownBaker
    Options
    My NSV: I have a 22 yr old daughter and while she is plump and pretty (size 16-18), I have always been the BIG girl (32W)... she's taken to hiding her clothes (tops and blouses in particular) because now they fit ME!! I'm enjoying having 2 closets to dress from!
  • blytonrocks
    blytonrocks Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I was just going to post a very similar NSV! I made pizza the other night, which I haven't done in a while. This is a real treat for me, and I was looking forward to pigging out at dinner all day. I had budgeted out the calories for my usual serving ahead of time, and made sure to squeeze enough exercise in (a victory in and of itself). Lo and behold, having eaten half of what I normally eat, I felt just fine putting the rest in the fridge for leftovers. Yay!

yep mine would be pizza too: I used to have a family size pizza to myself, plus roast potatoes, garlic bread and loads of dips, but now I'll have half a pizza with loads of salad instead: major mega result for someone like me :))
  • lilkat_0087
    lilkat_0087 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My NSV: I was able to fit into my smaller pair of dress pants today without having to do the "suck-it-in and squat till they stretch" dance this morning :)
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    2 days ago i had not eaten much during the day and was going to come up a bit short for total calories so for dinner i doubled the portion on everything (which was whole wheat spaghetti 112g, sauce 1cup , and carrots+broccoli 170g each) and when i finally sat down to start eating my brain was screaming to me THAT IS A LOT OF PASTA

before i use to be able to dang near finish or have just a bit as left overs a whole box of spaghetti and a jar of sauce in a sitting
  • fruityfitness
    Options
    been fruitarian for 2 days so far been exercising as well and lost 2 kg!!! :) i just weighed myself so thats after the food and stuff, hope the number is smaller tomorrow!
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My NSV: I was able to fit into my smaller pair of dress pants today without having to do the "suck-it-in and squat till they stretch" dance this morning :)

I thought I was the only one who did that! My pants from the dancing and squatting days are all quite loose, almost not wearable now.
  • JuicyGyrl
    JuicyGyrl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to eat a foot long tuna sub, chips and a soda from Subway. Now, I can barely finish a 6" sub. It amazed me the first time I couldn't finish the sub. I had gotten so used to just eating the whole thing that it had become the norm for me.