Petite women- How much do you eat??

Options

Replies

• MeeraAnnT
    MeeraAnnT Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2... and I use scooby workshop calculator with 3-5hours exercise a week and my tdee-25% is 1600 cals.. so thats what i eat everyday no eating back of exercise calories....

I had a plateau at 1200calories and now i am losing again since i increased calories....even when i dont exercise for a whole week (bad i know! but it happens sometimes) i still eat 1600 and am losing...but obviously i wouldnt keep doing that....

I am currently 126.5lbs
  • Raeontherun
    Raeontherun Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" I eat from 1800 minimum to 2200 on heavy weight lifting days
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    5'2 127 or so lbs. I eat 1470+ exercise cals (so I net 1470).

I am a waitress and lightly active in most of my free time which is why I have a base of 1470, if I worked a desk job I'd probably have it set to 1200.

I haven't seen the scale budge but the inches are slowly coming off so I'm content.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Hi, I am 5 ft 2 as well. To be honest with all of you, I really do not know what I am doing or what a tdee is. I just woke up one day a few weeks ago, and decided I had had enough. I was 180, so basically I could roll faster than I could walk. I sit at a desk all day, and do not get any exercise after work either, as then i go to another job where I sit. So I decided I would only eat 1200 calories per day. Surprisingly, as time goes on I am having trouble eating even that amount, and so most days eat less. I keep hearing you should not do this, but I feel fine, I get sleep, and I get done what I need to get done. Is it really bad like they say to eat less?

I was 5'2 and 186lbs when I started. I did the 1200 calories and exercised (I did not eat my calories back) I did this for almost a year and got to 135lbs - then I got exhausted and stopped tracking - I slowly gained 20lbs over the course of the last year. Now I am back and eating 1600 a day. I am down about 14lbs.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11'' 120 (ish) pounds. 39 y/o

Gym 4-5 times a week lifting heavy + cardio and have a desk job.

I eat between 1500 and 1700 calories a day. My lost is very slow and always have been the case even when when I was eating just 1200 calories. Patience is key
  • IECdispatcher
    IECdispatcher Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and eat 1200 calories. I try not to eat back my exercise calories. I have a sedentary job and work out 5 days a week twice a day. 40 minutes in the morning and 35 at lunch. I am almost at my goal weight and have been losing .5 to 1 pound per week.
  • shayleac
    shayleac Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and am netting 1200 calories.
    This worked for me as I lost around 15 pounds within 3-4 months.
    From 131lbs at my heaviest and now 115.2lbs.
    I'm now working on strength training and my weight has not changed for a couple weeks but I am seeing a difference nontheless.
  • 513SavageSquad
    513SavageSquad Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    WHATS A TDEE? LOL SORRY
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0. I eat roughly 1800 calories per day. My TDEE is around 2100. I only spend 3.5 to 4 hours per week in the gym (heavy lifting and resistance-based HIIT for cardio). I'm losing, on average, half a pound per week. I think a lot of women here (and men, for that matter) are undereating.
  • hpilon27
    hpilon27 Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I am maintaining by eating 1800-2000 calories daily. I do cardio and light strength training. I would suggest switching up your routine. It sounds like your body has become accustomed to your eating and exercise habits. Rather than play with the number of calories you are eating, try changing the intensity and type of workouts you do. Also, throw in an extra rest day now and again. Keep your body guessing...
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and about 137 as well. I weight train heavy 4 days a week with light cardio warmup/cooldown, and run/bikram yoga/hike the other days. I'm eating at 2050 which is about TDEE-18% for me.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're moderately active and I'd eat somewhere between lightly active and moderately active, personally. It's just weird to me to say that someone who has a sedentary job (or sits at the computer most of the day like me) could be considered moderately active, lol. Also remember that you're really only supposed to do weight/strength training every 2-3 days to give your muscles time to rebuild, and 15-20 minutes of cardio doesn't burn that many calories... I'd probably start with increasing your cardio on lifting resting days.

The people who eat 1800 or more are typically heavier or more active (my goal is 1850 but I'm 5'5" and 173 lbs and workout 6 hours a week or so).
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 (barely) and currently at 173. I was eating 1200-1500 only lost 3# in 2 months. But last week I started ignoring MFP and the workout cals and just started eating at my TDEE minus 20% last week which works out to be 1900, work a sedatary job but workout 3-5x/week weight training and cardio. I lost 4# this week (I know some of that was water weight I was holding onto but still great to see a loss). Good luck!
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11". Moderately active at home. I don't have an exercise routine, but I do yoga and strength exercises when I'm in the mood. I work at a desk for 6 hours 3x a week. My calories to maintain are around 1700. If I eat around 1500 to 1600, I lose weight slowly.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have spent months trying to find out what works for me and I think that I have finally figured it out. I am 5 ft and 1/4 inch tall. Starting weight was 225 pounds in January 2013 and current weight is 197 pounds. I am eating about 1800 calories per day right now and netting 1500 calories. I have been working out less and only burning about 300 calories when I do exercise which is about 4-5 times a week. I figured out TDEE - 20% and for me it was 1882 calories per day.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", weigh 109 pounds and average 1426 calories per day when I eat back my minimal exercize calories granted to me by my FitBit Flex. I have a Very Sedentary job. I am slowly upping those calories to get to my maintenance level since I'm at my goal weight now and plan to eat around 1500 - 1600 calories per day based on my daily activity levels to maintain.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    I'm 5'1", 134 lbs(down from 157 in January), Small frame, and i eat 1200+exercise calories.
  • lauraleighsm
    lauraleighsm Posts: 167
    Options
    I am 5'0 and set my goal at 1400 and I eat back every single excercise calorie. I'm losing ounces a week, which sucks but I'm done with being hungry! I'm trying to ramp up my muscle workouts instead of cardio to see how I look and feel. Also, trying more protein too.
  • verbenaverbena
    Options
    I'm 5' 1.75" 30% body fat by dexa (all lower body), CBW 110 IBW 98. I set my goal at 1200 but when I look at the calorie calculator based on percent body fat my calorie need for weight loss is about 1050. I'm just getting started, so we'll see how I do with 1150-1200 kcal/day. I'm not hungry or cranky yet, so I'd prefer to reduce slowly.
  • CatLadyyy
    CatLadyyy Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm 5'2 .. between 105-108lbs... Eating 1400-1600 cals right now since I am closer to the 108 atm.. but can usually eat alot more when maintaining. I also exercise 5-6 times a week eating most of my exercise calories back