NSV... My First 5k

Options
mandylgibbs
mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
I ran my first 5k this morning. :smile:

I had a week of disappointing runs. I started on the treadmill Monday morning and made it about a mile and a half before I got bored to death and stopped. On Tuesday I changed courses for a new path, ended up running past a chick fil a and an Ihop instead of my usual wild flowers and honey suckle, not to mention the whole 1.3 mile beginning was downhill. I regretted that on the way back and only made it 2.1 miles.

I woke up this morning determined to run the whole 3.1 miles for the first time. I took my usual path of rolling hills, and just went for it. I did find some humor in the fact that my turn around point at 1.5 miles was a Dunkin' Donuts. HA!

I did it. I ran the whole time. It took me 55 minutes but I didn't give up! I'm so proud of myself.

I got done, smiled, turned toward the car and started crying. I was panting and sniffing, and wiping sweat and tears from my eyes. I just because so overwhelmed.

Maybe it was my fertility meds talking (those hormones will drive you crazy) but I just could feel this huge weight lifted from me.

73 pounds light and I still haven't become overwhelmed by a loss on the scale. You know, at the end of the day that doesn't mean a thing if your lifestyle doesn't reflect that change.

I am am changed woman. I feel like a million freaking bucks! No one can take those miles away from me. No one can say I'm not a runner.

Replies

• deelaah
    deelaah Posts: 9
    Options
    that is soooooo awesome!! and a HUGE accomplishment!! CONGRATS!! :)
  • Sweetaj6
    Sweetaj6 Posts: 8
    Options
    TRUELY INSPIRATIONAL! So proud of you! : )
  • justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Girl you are my HERO!!!

Seriously!

I can only hope to have a portion of the drive and determination you have!
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It doesn't matter how fast you run, the important thing is that you're running! Keep up the hard work!
  • dolphinie13
    dolphinie13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your victory! You are amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!