Its Basement findin' time!!!

Options
Alright..... I dont know how many of you are pack rats like myself... But try something!
Recently, we had a Christmas party to go to and all my girlfriends were wearing black dress pants, so I decided to as well... not remembering I had not bought a pair of black pants in AGES+
The night of, I ran down to our storage closet in the basement, remembering I had a 'hopefully soon' box I set aside before my first pregnancy!
With the bit of weight I lost and inches, I pulled out a pair of black dress pants I bought before I even met my husband.. K... dont laugh but I bought them 9yrs ago (good thing they were stylish!)

Let me tell you how HAPPY:happy: I was.... the next morning I went down to sort through some more from my wish box, and found 2 pairs of jeans and some tight knit sweaters! yay, all new wardrobe!!!
I encourage all of you to do the same... if you keep clothes that long? and perhaps make a 'hopefully soon' box.... push yourself more, I bought a beauty dress on sale months ago... and I WANT TO WEAR IT!!!!!
Whether you have lost 2 lbs or 20lbs, sort through some old things, or buy something new.. you shouldnt just reward yourself at the end, everyone needs encouragement throughout! And we all deserve it! you should look as good as you feel the whole way. No point losing the weight and staying in the frumpy stuff... I have 'comfy' clothes, that sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and get even more down.. cause I know I look even bigger in them then I really am.
Try it you might surprise yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    Options
    Alright..... I dont know how many of you are pack rats like myself... But try something!
    Recently, we had a Christmas party to go to and all my girlfriends were wearing black dress pants, so I decided to as well... not remembering I had not bought a pair of black pants in AGES+
    The night of, I ran down to our storage closet in the basement, remembering I had a 'hopefully soon' box I set aside before my first pregnancy!
    With the bit of weight I lost and inches, I pulled out a pair of black dress pants I bought before I even met my husband.. K... dont laugh but I bought them 9yrs ago (good thing they were stylish!)

Let me tell you how HAPPY:happy: I was.... the next morning I went down to sort through some more from my wish box, and found 2 pairs of jeans and some tight knit sweaters! yay, all new wardrobe!!!
    I encourage all of you to do the same... if you keep clothes that long? and perhaps make a 'hopefully soon' box.... push yourself more, I bought a beauty dress on sale months ago... and I WANT TO WEAR IT!!!!!
    Whether you have lost 2 lbs or 20lbs, sort through some old things, or buy something new.. you shouldnt just reward yourself at the end, everyone needs encouragement throughout! And we all deserve it! you should look as good as you feel the whole way. No point losing the weight and staying in the frumpy stuff... I have 'comfy' clothes, that sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and get even more down.. cause I know I look even bigger in them then I really am.
    Try it you might surprise yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Congratulations BunnyB. It's such a nice feeling to get back into those "skinny clothes" that we all hang on to. I agree, it's a great feeling to get back into them. :smile:
  • filergirl
    Options
    That's awesome! Good for you!

I wish I had a basement, or an attic, or something. My space is so limited (I live in 550 sq. feet), that I don't have any extra room for things I don't use or wear on a daily basis. My closet is so small it's laughable.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    I know the feeling -- this past weekend I fit back into my "little black dress" :drinker: !!!!!

This site has helped me go from a 10 (that was sometimes tight) to a 6 or an 8. I'm only 5'2" with a small frame, so a 10 was unacceptable to me. It took me just over 2 months to lose 16 lbs, and now I'm figuring out the maintenance aspect of weight loss.
  • erica08
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. Even though it is Christmas time and we all know what that means. TREATS and SWEETS!!! I am plugging away and plan to be up and running 5 days a week again soon. Definitely by new years! I am at 1 right now. It is hard to get back to it when you haven't been doing regularly. I find that an MP3 player works well. It gets you motivated especially when your favorite song comes on. I have a work out buddy that exercises with me 2- 3 days per week at work. I am working at the other two at home. MOTIVATION!!