Those remaining 400 calories...

Options
aTallLiam
aTallLiam Posts: 75
Any point in eating something to reach my goal caloric intake?

Replies

• ccshopsalot
    Options
    in everything I've read and been told it's better to keep your NET calories as close to or above the 1200 mark as possible especially if you are working out.
  • jjackson0822
    Options
    I wouldn't say you HAVE to fill up all of your calories. But if you have plugged in your numbers and everything properly, its telling you what you need to maintain (or lose) depending on what you have decided to go with. I always try to get as close to my target calories. I do this by eating 6 times a day. Play with your mfp.... add, take away... do lil changes. They can make huge impacts.

Jared Jackson
    Tharreo Fitness
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    in everything I've read and been told it's better to keep your NET calories as close to or above the 1200 mark as possible especially if you are working out.

NO. Please don't listen to that, especially since your goal is above 1200.
    Shopsalot, if you have any credible research that supports that 1200 number, please share.

If you have extra calories feel free to use them, you should still lose.
    ETA: This is where a lot of people will tell you to have a treat if it fits your macros.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    if i have a day here or there where im just not hungry, i dont force feed myself.
  • tdelo7634
    tdelo7634 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Maybe maybe not. Depends on you goals, and you BMR/TDEE. I personally would, as I am eating a higher protein less carb diet trying to loose fat, and not muscle. Trying not to let muscle get consumed, and fat stored by eating too low. If you not hungry don't force it though. Don't do it most days either, as that's almost a pound extra a week, and that is probably too much on top of whatever your deficit is. Fell free to add me as a friend if you like.