graduated Nursing School...time to lose weight!

Options
Hi everyone! I have been a member, and it worked very well, until the last 2 months of Nursing School, when I was too stressed to even open the web site. Within those last two months I gained an additional 20lbs! uggghhh... SO now, I really need help! My plan is to stick with counting calories, and to do spin class as many times a week that I can. It is so easy for me to just get depressed with this. I have lost about 55lbs back in 1998 and kept it off since 2010... but now I am older, I am 33 years old, 34 in July, with a lot more responsibilities and stressors. I need help, motivation and encouragement. Please help! =) Please add me, if your a motivator, and have suggestions on how to get this weight off! I am a good motivator for others, so I will be there for you too! anyway, if your interested, please add me! thanks and have a healthy day!

Replies

• Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    What is with people giving up on weight and gaining in while nursing school. I have heard that a lot. My mom did the same thing.
  • Schellsisbacktoattack
    Schellsisbacktoattack Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It is just a really stressful program. A tons of work,, late nights, and its overwhelming because if you miss a class, clinical or get a grade under a 80% you get kicked out of the program and have to wait a whole year just to re-apply. So I can only speak for myself. I did very well grade wise, and academically. I just could not take the time to workout and eat right. I was up all nights drinking pepsi max and eating crap just to stay awake to study. Soooooo that did not make it easy to lose weight. My class started with 45 students, and only 17 graduated, and out of the 17, 90% of us all gained weight. I know I have a lot to be proud of, but I don't feel like myself with all this extra weight. anyway, hope this helps you understand what your mom went through. You should be very proud of her, it is a very tough program. =)

Now I just need to lose this weight! so not cool! LOL