Has anyone?!?!?

Options
bug1106
bug1106 Posts: 31 Member
Has anyone tried any hungry girl recipes? I am really trying to shut this cookie monster up in my head!!!

Replies

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    if you want cookies try this

take ripe banana's (2-3)
    1 cup oats
    mix together and add wtv else you want (nuts, berries, peanut butter)
    shape into cookie balls or pancakes
    bake for 10min (i think on 350 but not sure)

enjoy

as for HG, I've leafed through her books and it seems (to me) like the same 3 recipes with different ingredients. but she does have simple and easy meals with food I can actually find in a normal store
  • LoudmouthLee
    LoudmouthLee Posts: 358
    Options
    Do you have a BJs Wholesale Club by you? They have the best Animal Crackers, and only 120 calories for 17 of them.
  • bug1106
    Options
    I will look for a BJ's wholesale Club. Its just so hard. I can resist most things, but dern those evil cookies. And yes, I know that no one is forcing me to eat them, let alone whole pack, but its definitely my addiction:(
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    She had an episode where she took frozen whole wheat waffles and made it into a breakfast taco shell. It was a really good idea and good when filled with egg beaters and vegetables. You can even dip them in sugar free syrup with not much added calories. Unfortunately I can't find the exact recipe online but here is the taco shell itself.

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 80 calories, 1.5g fat, 185mg sodium, 15g carbs, 2g fiber, 1.5g sugars, 2.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 2*

Prep:
    5 minutes
    Cook:
    5 minutes

Ingredients:
    1 low-fat waffle, thawed from frozen
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Lay the waffle flat on a clean, dry surface. Use a rolling pin to flatten the waffle as much as possible.
    Very carefully hang the waffle over one grate of an oven rack, so it resembles the shape of an upside-down taco.
    Bake it until crispy and firm, about 5 minutes. Carefully remove the waffle taco shell, and stuff it with breakfasty taco items like scrambled egg whites, light cheese, lean sausage crumbles, cilantro, and salsa!

MAKES 1 SERVING

If your actually looking for something that is similar to a cookie, here is a thread that may help.

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/994600-yummy-peanut-butter-cookie-dough-bites?hl=cookie+dough#posts-15219146
  • bug1106
    Options
    She had an episode where she took frozen whole wheat waffles and made it into a breakfast taco shell. It was a really good idea and good when filled with egg beaters and vegetables. You can even dip them in sugar free syrup with not much added calories. Unfortunately I can't find the exact recipe online but here is the taco shell itself.

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 80 calories, 1.5g fat, 185mg sodium, 15g carbs, 2g fiber, 1.5g sugars, 2.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 2*

Prep:
    5 minutes
    Cook:
    5 minutes

Ingredients:
    1 low-fat waffle, thawed from frozen
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Lay the waffle flat on a clean, dry surface. Use a rolling pin to flatten the waffle as much as possible.
    Very carefully hang the waffle over one grate of an oven rack, so it resembles the shape of an upside-down taco.
    Bake it until crispy and firm, about 5 minutes. Carefully remove the waffle taco shell, and stuff it with breakfasty taco items like scrambled egg whites, light cheese, lean sausage crumbles, cilantro, and salsa!

MAKES 1 SERVING

If your actually looking for something that is similar to a cookie, here is a thread that may help.

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/994600-yummy-peanut-butter-cookie-dough-bites?hl=cookie+dough#posts-15219146

Thanks! desserts are my weakness:(
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Just eat a cookie! Or maybe two. Just exercise a bit longer to make up the calories, or cut somewhere else. If you keep craving those cookies, it could lead to a binge. If you allow yourself some treats now and then, you are less likely to binge. JMHO!
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Just eat a cookie! Or maybe two. Just exercise a bit longer to make up the calories, or cut somewhere else. If you keep craving those cookies, it could lead to a binge. If you allow yourself some treats now and then, you are less likely to binge. JMHO!

For some this works! For me its awful, I can not eat two. Two leads to eight.

I had a pretty good dessert last night.
    It had those mini angel food cake shells (60 cals a piece) with fruit on top, and like a squirt of whip cream (15 cals)

The whole thing came to around 100. It was yummy!
  • Candice_Says
    Candice_Says Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have tried many of the HG swap recipes. I like everything I have tried. Too much. If you have a problem controlling yourself around sweets (as I do!) they are still quite dangerous because the temptation to eat the entire batch (Don't judge. I'm a swing binge-dieter lol) is still there!

This one, peanut butter brownies, is SUPER YUM. http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/show/1982
  • missmidge84
    missmidge84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Check out Chocolate Covered Katie for some healthier dessert options. She's vegan, so her recipes are as well, but many of them can be modified in a few ways.
  • bug1106
    Options
    thank you all very much! i bought a cool cook book with some recipes in it...duh, i mean good healthy recipes for desserts. when I try them I will let you know. I am def. the kind of person that cant have just one cookie. I would much rather have none at all....
  • Candice_Says
    Options
    Check out Chocolate Covered Katie for some healthier dessert options. She's vegan, so her recipes are as well, but many of them can be modified in a few ways.

I love this blog! Have used it many times. And, she loves PB as much as I do.
  • Candice_Says
    Options
    I am def. the kind of person that cant have just one cookie. I would much rather have none at all....

I feel you. And those little "100 cal" Little Debbies and whatnot only piss me off. A brownie as big as a postage stamp... no thanks! It just wakes the cookie monster demon up.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I know this may sound lame....but when you have a really really really strong craving.....what I do? I grab a big glass of ice water, and put something in it. a squeeze of lemon or lime, my fave right now is liquid chlorophyll with mint. I grab that glass and walk away from the kitchen. sugar combined with flour is my cryptonite! ( cookies, pastries....)

.........I kicked refined sugar to the curb....so the only thing in my house with sugar is the occasional bowl of ice cream. If you are looking for a good sweet crunch...I love raw almonds and a banana. It's sort of like banana cream pie ; ) I have also found that I love dates and dried plums.....apples with peanut butter...all yummy!