Stomach Filling Foods for when you are Hungry

Options
wwwdotcr
wwwdotcr Posts: 128 Member
Alright, so I am sure a lot of people have sudden hunger pains that creep on ya. So what do you do when you're hungry?

I say happily oblige your body and eat a ton of veggies to physically make your stomach full.

What I eat:

Broccoli
Cauliflower

Calories are pretty negligible. You could eat a whole "steamers" package and still only take in 130 calories. What else you guys eat to fill your stomach out?

Replies

• apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    A cup or small bowl of soup does the trick for me. I buy those packets of Onion Soup Mix or Noodle Soup Mix; just take a tablespoon and mix w/hot water. It's only around 25 calories and very filling.
  • CathyFinch
    CathyFinch Posts: 10
    Options
    I look for foods that have fiber. The more fiber in your diet, the more your body will pull water into your intestines. That is part of what gives you that feeling of "fullness" you're looking for. Besides, fiber is healthy for you in that it pulls toxins from the body.

I like to make a tray of roasted veggies and keep it on hand in the fridge. I just warm up a small portion and I'm good to go. I like to mix broccoli, onions, carrots, tomato. Sometimes I'll add a potato, or sweet potato, but be careful of the starches!
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Some type of nuts does it for me. Almonds, cashews, are my favorites although you can overeat on them so be careful, but they do keep my hunger pangs at bay.
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Definitely raw veg, or ½ cup of plain greek yogurt.