HRM Suggestions

Mari1969
Mari1969 Posts: 37
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi All
I have been on here for almost 30 days and have read about calories burned on most machines and classes not being accurate (that is why I try not to eat my exercise calories) but I know I really need to invest in a HRM. Do you guys have any suggestions or feedback? Also prices that you paid and where you got them. I am on a tight budget but would really like to know how much I am burning in my workouts. Your feedback is appreciated.

Replies

• Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    For right now until I can afford a nice pricey one, I got a HRM at walmart for 25.00. They have some more that includes other functions but at the time I just wanted something to count my calories burned. It does the job....just that every now an dthan you do have to update your heart rate...I usually do this when I notice my heart rate increases or decreases
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    I got mine off of amazon.com for under $90 including shipping. It's the polar ft7, and it is amazing, and well worth every penny!! I would shop around on amazon for a few days once you know which one you want to get because the prices often fluctuate---I got an awesome deal on mine!
  • Polar F6 on amazon.com
  • kRpRpLgRl
    kRpRpLgRl Posts: 59 Member
    I went on ebay and ended up with a Timex HRM with a chest strap for $53.00.

There are all types on there for all different prices.

Kim
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,722 Member
    I got a Polar F11 on ebay for about $110.00 if I remember correctly. This was about a year ago...maybe longer. I only really got the higher end one instead of the one a model down (F4) is because the chest strap is more comfortable.

The only real suggestion I can give you is definitely get one with a chest strap because that continuously monitors your heart rate instead of having to put your finger on a sensor to read your heart rate.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    I love my Polar FT7
  • Mari1969
    Mari1969 Posts: 37
    Thanks everybody!! I appreciate all your suggestions!!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    I love the Polar F6 and it comes in a light PINK! Got for $85 on Amazon. I swim with it everyday!
  • Try ebay?
This discussion has been closed.