Help me choose btw these 2 equipments, thanks.

Options

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
  • wobblyb
    wobblyb Posts: 2
    Options
    I have the second item, the weight bench....mainly use it to do weights on my legs as find it helps with my running its a good quality piece of kit.

But I guess it depends on what you want it for?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    save your money and go for a squat rack. Then just put a bench in it to do presses.

If its just the 2, I'd pick #2
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    For my home, I would choose item 1. It looks like it gives you versatility to simulate many different lifts without the danger of dropping a bar on yourself whereas with item 2, there isn't really a built in safety. If you could get a power rack, that would be better, IMO.

Edit because I mis-read the OP.
  • Microfiber
    Options
    Thanks everybody.
  • GrabacrPD
    GrabacrPD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Option 2

I hate multigyms! Would much rather have separate equipment
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    save your money and go for a squat rack. Then just put a bench in it to do presses.

If its just the 2, I'd pick #2

This is what I did :) works great!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    The multigym has a teeny weight stack - my 8 stone (female) friend is already doing lat-pull downs with 40kg on them after a couple of months on and off weights.

If you want to buy from a shop, then I'd go for number 2.

However, ideally I'd go for second-hand kit - better value for money/better kit.

Me, I built my own power cage out of some old wood I had lying around.
    Incline/decline bench was £45 or so. A bar with 82.5kg of weight cost me £32.50*. So total cost of £78.50 would have got me a much more versatile system.
    I can do pull ups, so not worried by the lat-pull down, though I already have a similar multigym which has a 100kg stack.

* In this case I was just buying it for the extra weights, already had a bar etc.

I don't know where you are in the country, but for instance this for £70 seems like a decent deal:
    http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/bench-and-weights-bars-perfect-beginners-set-reduced/1020975552#photo-content
    You get more weights and a squat-height rack too.

If you don't have a spotter to help you, consider some used builders trestles - not tried them myself, but told they do the job fine - definitely at this kind of weight.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    As the proud owner of a multi-gym I'd go with item #2 (assuming these are the only choices) otherwise I'd search for a used bench & free weights.

Don't get me wrong, my multi-gym has served its purpose and is great to use as you don't need a spotter but if i was doing it again it would be free weights.
  • Microfiber
    Options
    Thanks everybody. I'm well educated now :smile:
  • jjackson0822
    Options
    Have you ever thought about doing p90x or Body Beast?