Are you proud of what you eat?

Options
Anyone out there think they have a great diet and have no problem with others perusing your diary? I'm a bit of a diary stalker, but lately I have been clicking on a lot of people who weightlift or those that just don't seem to log consistently. I'm ideally looking for people who exercise regularly and stick to 1200 to 1500 calories, but if you're outside of that demo and still want to share, that's cool too (I love to look at fit people's diaries that eat way more than I do.) I'm just looking for new meal/snack ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm around 1700 a day, but you're welcome to look at mine.
  • klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You can take a look at mine. It might be a bit boring though because I pretty much eat the same things every day.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    You can take a look at mine. It might be a bit boring though because I pretty much eat the same things every day.

I eat the same thing day after day too, that's why I like to look at other's diaries. I also tend forget good things I ate weeks on end a while back, so sometimes I just go back and look through my diary from months ago. Thanks! =)
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    ask her LOL
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not particularly happy about my food choices, but I'm VERY happy about the quantities!! lol (A sizable victory for me!) *** Trying to avoid too much shock value here. *** It's only my 3rd day of logging here, but I will try my hardest to do it every day! I think it's a great feature, and it really makes me think about what I'm eating!

"My daily (caloric-intake) goal" is 1200...and I'm proud that I've been staying around there. I'll tell you now that I'm not really clean eating or watching what I'm eating, but I'm watching how much I consume. And I've found that water is my new best friend...it helps to keep me satisfied and I'm that much less likely to eat mindlessly.

So, feel free to stalk me!! (Only on this site of course...lol)

I think I don't mind as much about the type of food I consume as the amount b/c I've read a lot of statistics and studies (through Google & credible sources) that it's not what you eat...but how much you eat. Moderation is the key factor here! Just a few months ago, a doctor conducted a study on himself. He ate nothing but junk food for an entire month, but he cut his caloric intake. Well, guess what? He lost 25 lbs!! Not too shabby. I don't think I could do that, but it kind of proves something...

Good luck!
  • M_Garner
    M_Garner Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 45 mins if not more of cardio 6 days a week. I also try to keep my calories AT 1200 but I am sometimes full at 800 or 900 calories. You are more than welcome to look into my diary for ideas :)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I could have written half of what Pamela_1404 wrote. I'm not *proud* of what I eat, per se, but it's getting me where I need to get. I'm not new here though, have logged over 100 days in a row although the last week-ish has been pretty sketch.

I'm way outside your calorie intake guideline though, at 1943 average daily (which I never ever hit spot-on but I get pretty close most days).

I AM proud of myself, for sticking with it this time and for making the progress I've made. Feel free to stalk me if you want :)

Also I do exercise, I walk with my husband most mornings at least a couple of miles. But I don't log it because I'm using a TDEE method for figuring my calories rather than MFP's model.

edit: spelling
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    I'm not necessarily proud of mine but I'm not hiding anything. I am pretty consistent about logging on work days (M-F) but on weekends or days off from work forget it.

I don't always log my exercise though. I have only done it a handful of times but usually the days where I am over, those are days that I worked out and I probably am not really that much over. I just have no idea how many calories I actually burned so I don't bother. I don't always eat more when I exercise either...depends on whether or not I want to eat more.

A lot of what I have in there are recipes though so if you want to know what something is feel free to ask.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

A lot of what I have in there are recipes though so if you want to know what something is feel free to ask.

oh yeah, this too!
  • AlishaDTM
    AlishaDTM Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am pretty proud of what I eat. I'm still fairly new to MFP, but I'm at 6 days of consistency. My diary is open to my friends, so feel free to add me.
  • daisyboo84
    daisyboo84 Posts: 37
    Options
    just made my diary visible, it's not very exciting though, and I don't always fill it in! i'm ok on weekdays but at weekends I let lose...maybe I should be a bit better at keeping track!!
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm, not always, but I'm also still nursing.
  • VegKate
    VegKate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty proud of what I eat. I stick to around 1500 a day, and I eat back exercise calories most of the time. I honestly haven't really changed my diet at all to lose weight, just decreased the quantity.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with what I eat, but I don't track anything so there's nothing to look at :) I'm in maintenance and do 8:16 IF with a two meal, no snacking format. When I spot check my calories are in the 2,000-2,200 range and my macros are around F40/P30/C30. I also do Mark Lauren's strength training program and walk 10-12 miles a week (15 minute miles). I'm very happy with where I am-you can send me a friend request if you'd like!