Best Prices on Protein Powders?

Options
Where does everyone buy their protein powders from? What retailers have the best prices? I've switched from buying them at GNC and my gym, to buying from Walmart... I buy Body Fortress and Designer Whey from there for prices around $23-$29. Any other good deals you have seen?

Replies

• Irontri7
    Irontri7 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Ebay! 5lbs of Optimum Nutrition for around $45 with free shipping. Most generally consider ON one of the "better" protein powders.
  • unknwnprod
    unknwnprod Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition. I use Vitacost.com and they have free shipping and specials all the time. Once you order you get coupons all the time. Refer a friend and they get 10.00 off and you get 10.00 off your order.

Use the "Gold Standard Whey". It has less cholesterol. You have to watch that with a lot of protein powders.

Jason
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Complete Nutrition during preferred member days when everything is 22% off. If there is not one near you they will ship for free, you just have to call a store and order over the phone. Careful of Ebay, I have seen people get 'deals' there to find out it is because it is expired or open product.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Supplement Warehouse will match an competitor price, other than Amazon. All Star Health is extremely cheap too. The Wal-Mart protein isn't the greatest quality, but it works. You can find it cheaper on Amazon sometimes. I won't pay more than $10-$12 pound for protein, depending on how much quality I'm going for.
  • kaleena1983
    kaleena1983 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I get Isopure ($40-45 for 3lb) at Vitamin Shoppe and Vitaglo.com
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Walmart is where I get mine. I agree with a previous poster's remark about price. My ideal price point(and what I pay for mine at Walmart) is $10 a pound. I use Six Star Pro Nutrition triple chocolate whey protein.
  • rlwaldie
    rlwaldie Posts: 5
    Options
    Costco has Kaizen Protein for a decent price compared to Walmart. I usually wait to they put it on sale and get it for less.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I prefer buying online from bodybuilding.com. They have tons of flavors, different brands, different sizes- I like buying the smaller sizes so I can change up flavors more often. They also have user reviews and always have pretty good sales. I usually get Dymatize for around $20-$25 for 2-3 pounds. Shipping is pretty cheap too, and then it's free if you spend $75. They just seem to have a really good variety and I've never had any complaints from the site. They ship fast too :D
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Amazon, just got 2 lbs for $18.89, no shipping since I have Prime. Got the Pure Protein brand, Frosty Chocolate flavor.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Buy a decent brand. You don't know what they put in there and the nutrition data may be off.

stick with ON, controlled labs, dymatize.

I buy from BB.com because I am a loyal customer. they forums accelerated my knowledge
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I get the MET-Rx Ultramyosyn Whey, Peanut Butter Cup, 2 Pounds and Isolate from Amazon.com for $24.99 for 2lbs. Low carbs, tastes good, and it mixes well in a shaker.
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Where does everyone buy their protein powders from? What retailers have the best prices? I've switched from buying them at GNC and my gym, to buying from Walmart... I buy Body Fortress and Designer Whey from there for prices around $23-$29. Any other good deals you have seen?

Netrition.com is where I have purchased protein powder but I haven't really investigated best price.
  • nccrmn
    nccrmn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    costco
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard from Amazon with free Prime Shipping.... 5lb/$53.99