Plan it or Wing it?

Options
I personally plan my workouts and know what my primary workout is ahead of time. I may make additions, or if I have to miss a workout I will do doubles the next day! I am just curious as to how many of you Plan your workouts or do you wing it?

Replies

• Morgan_Mack
    Morgan_Mack Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I usually attend workout classes like kickboxing or pump and then using my HRM I see how many calories I have burned, and use that to determine what else to do. So I don't actually plan my workouts I just decide how many calories I'd like to burn for the day.
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    So I have to ask: If you know you are having a poor day eating do you AMP *hehe* up your workout?
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    sometimes i do the same thing with deciding how many calories i want to burn basically and just going nuts doing things til i get there...cardio, weights, yoga, etc

and if i know im going to have a big eating day i just do the same really good workout and try not to worry about it
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I plan it.
    Mostly week by week.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I mostly wing it but I do strength training 3 times a week so that takes a certain amount of planning. If I run it has to be outside so obviously that depends on the weather.
  • Morgan_Mack
    Morgan_Mack Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes, I definitely do!!!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I strength train and run. I normally plan the lifting but I don't know until I'm into a run how it will go.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    The only thing I plan is going for a walk and that is really just planning the distance of the walk. Everything else I wing. I get bored with planned exercise.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    So I have to ask: If you know you are having a poor day eating do you AMP *hehe* up your workout?

Just did it today! Ate almost all of my calories before 3PM and it just wasn't going to work to not eat the rest of the day, so off to the gym I went and I'm much happier for it.

I don't really plan my workouts, but I would be more successful in my fitness goals if I did. Even my goals are pretty fuzzy on the fitness side right now.