New 40 y/o mom needing to lose 80lbs to be healthy and hot!

Options
Hello all,

I'm looking for fitness pals to help me keep motivated and accountable! I will do likewise. I have 4 kids, the last of which is 3, and has been the hardest pregnancy and weight gain to come back from. Making the time for working out after work amid the millions of things to do, kids to pick up from the sitter, dinner, laundry, etc. is tough. I've tried getting up early to use the treadmill or videos at home and can't stick with it. I love going to the gym after work, but need the support at home to be able to stay consistent with that....needless to say not getting as much support at home as I need. (Though he is a cheerleader, he isn't much on helping me schedule-wise, or eating healthier himself.)

Looking forward to finding some like minded friends to help keep each other going!

Steph

Replies

• Forever4me
    Forever4me Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Steph - I can relate to a lot of that! I have 3 kids from 14 to 4, work full time and have been single for 3 years, so understand about trying to find time to workout and make ourselves a priority. Mornings don't work for me either, but I do it now after the kids are in bed. That means starting my workout between 9-10pm. I workout, take a shower, and fortunately, I'm able to fall asleep immediately. At first it was tough, but now I truly look at it as "me" time. Some nights the first 10 minutes are tough, but once the blood gets flowing, it's fine. Adding you as a friend...think we can relate well, so hoping I can help encourage, support and motivate!
  • DeniseSanchez18
    Options
    Hi Steph:

I'm a 47 year old mom of a 7 & 4 year old. I also work full time. I get that time is tough. If you want to add me as a friend, I will be happy to help with support and motivation. We can all use a smile each day. :)

Denise
  • churchchipmunk
    churchchipmunk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    HI there! Feel free to add me! Accountability, friendship and support = Success!!!
  • stepholson7407
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! I totally believe that support from friends helps so much. I've added you all as friends and hope we can help each other keep motivated and accountable.

Look forward to all of us having success!

Steph
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Hey Steph!

I have no kids, but i'm great with support and accountability. I'm 27 just trying to lose my last 11 pounds to be healthy before my wedding in about 2 years. Boyfriend/Fiance is in nursing school, so that gives me a lot of me time to focus on health and other things.

I enjoy walking my dog for exercise and yoga!

I also keep an open diary and love sharing what's worked for me, so if anyone else wants to add me, go for it!
  • meredithkrueger
    Options
    I just added you as a friend. : ) I am 42, with 2 young girls, and have a lot of weight to lose. I have been getting up at 5:00 am to exercise before work and it seems to be working well. I also sometimes work out during my lunch break.

We all need motivating friends on here. ; D
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Steph. I'm a 38 yr old mom of 2. A teen and a tween. I know it's hard to put your weight loss goals at the top of the list when you have little ones. You may not always make the top of the list but if you keep trying you will make progress. Feel free to add me. Every little pat on the back helps to motivate us and keep us going. I'm a little more than halfway to my goal of losing a total of 75ish lbs.
  • cathybabe70
    cathybabe70 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi Steph! Love the title of your post! I'm a 42 year old mom of four. I know where you're coming from. My kids are older(16-22). Although I always encouraged them all to be active in sports(soccer, baseball, track & wrestling) and shuttled them around to all of their practices, somewhere along the line, I stopped being active myself. In typical busy mom fashion, I made time for everyone else but myself and put on a lot of weight. I'm finally learning to make my own health and my own needs more of a priority...easier said than done, but I'm trying. I think we have a tendency as women to feel guilty about focusing on ourselves. Now I realize that being healthy is one of the best gifts I can give my family. Anyhoo...I'll stop rambling now...haha. Would love to support you on your journey toward health and hotness. Sending you a friend request. :happy:
  • BrigettaBennett
    Options
    Howdy! I am 39 and have 3 kids(16, 15 and 3) I need to lose between 80-100 pounds(depending on what looks "healthy" for me) Add me if you want :)
  • MsDkis1
    MsDkis1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Add me...I started at more than 80 still looking to lose 71 more pounds.,...so let's do this!! :}