high protein + low carb = high fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    80 grams of carbs is 320 calories, and 120 grams of protein is 480 which is 800 calories summed up if fat intake is low to none. At least take some fish oil capsules ( about 3 grams of fat) or flax seed oil (130 calories per tablespoon).

Are you undereating? If so, your metabolism may have slowed down on you.

You should also take skin caliper measurements along with weighing yourself to see if you are in fact gaining fat or just feel fat. Be a little scientific about it.

Muscle size will also decrease on a low carb diet because muscles hold a lot of water in their their glycogen stores, so you may feel fatter as a result, such as feeling that you're swimming in fat. You could try a high carb day (45 to 50% of calories from carbs) once a week to balance the low glycogen symptoms.

I net my bmr of 1490.
    I also take a multivitimin and a cod liver oil capsule daily.

If I eat one high carb day wont it make me crave more carbs on days to follow?
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    Definitely eat all the cheese! When I dropped my carbs a little recently I had to add some cheese snacks throughout the day to meet my fat and protein!

thats fantastic news, I've been skipping cheese for months. Ive been craving it.