Exercise Calories

Options
What is everyone doing? Are you eating your exercise calories or not?

Replies

• mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I am, at least 75%

To the best of my ability that day
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I eat all my exercise calories. ALL OF THEM, get in my belly!
  • Shutterbugfever
    Shutterbugfever Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm curious on this subject too... I have 1200 calories a day, then I exercise and "get" an extra 500 + calories a day (depending on what I do) I haven't been able to lose any weight since November. I work out 5 days a week and eat mostly a vegetarian diet. I know some days I have been below the 1200 calories and had a few people tell me to eat 1300 calories a day.. What ever I am doing isn't working because I am not losing inches nor weight... I don't eat back my calories ....... Everyone says calories in, calories out....

Ideas, help, suggestions?????? Totally depressed!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm curious on this subject too... I have 1200 calories a day, then I exercise and "get" an extra 500 + calories a day (depending on what I do) I haven't been able to lose any weight since November. I work out 5 days a week and eat mostly a vegetarian diet. I know some days I have been below the 1200 calories and had a few people tell me to eat 1300 calories a day.. What ever I am doing isn't working because I am not losing inches nor weight... I don't eat back my calories ....... Everyone says calories in, calories out....

Ideas, help, suggestions?????? Totally depressed!

MFP has a mathematical flaw if you're set to 1200 and eat back all the exercise, this may be part of your problem along with overestimating the extra calorie burn of exercise. Eating half of them would be one approach, try it for a month.

If you set MFP to maintain your current weight how many calories does it suggest ?
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I eat them. Sometimes I don't feel like eating them all the day I work out so I spread them over the week.
  • 08kat
    08kat Posts: 51
    Options
    I eat 5-6 small meals a day and only eat when I am hungry, therefore, most days I do not eat back excercise calories. I have seen steady weight loss and am not starving myself. I say, do what works for you. GOOD LUCK!! :bigsmile:
  • crisbabe81
    crisbabe81 Posts: 170
    Options
    Usually I only eat them back on Sunday.
  • cmcoyle776
    cmcoyle776 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I eat them back...sort of. I have my calories set at 1500/day & sometimes I eat a little more, sometimes less. I do Insanity workouts 5 days a week. When I was eating 1200 calories I was losing a little more than 1 lb per week. When I bumped up to 1500 or 1600, I started losing. 1.5 lbs/week. I'm about to bump up to 1700 and see what happens, because according to the Insanity nutrition guide, I should be eating 1850 cals/day, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself to try that many. 1850 is A LOT of food when you eat fresh/whole foods & some days I'm really full after 1500. :)
  • cton13
    cton13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cton13
    cton13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been eating all of my exercise cals back and at first it seemed to work for me..... not so much now I don't suppose because I have gained some of the weight back and I am stuck :(....... so it looks like no exer cals for me.... but I was working out like 2-3 times in one day because I am a part time fitness instructor.... so I would be like oooooo I can have a burger, fries and dessert..... What the hell was I thinking?