Hey all, Tim V. here! Down 75 with 10 more to go!

Options
vecchioni
vecchioni Posts: 11 Member
Just a little back story...One day I driving around about 2 years ago in my work truck I hit a series of bumps and well, my "man boobs" went crazy bouncing up and down. It was then that I needed to step on a scale to see how bad it was. I was always fit as I played sports my entire life. I did realize in that moment that I had let go of myself and something needed to be done.

A roller coaster is an understatement of what I have been through on this journey! I started at 250 and got down to 200 through very hard exercise routines and what I thought was "eating better" which turned out to be completely incorrect as I felt deprived of energy ALL the time. I later found out I was eating too little but never did my research to see how to eat properly to keep my energy levels up. Anyways I hovered around 200 for about 3 months and was really happy without myself as everyone at work noticed my weight loss as well as family and friends. However I still had a lot of fat on me!

I eventually over about 2 months went right back up to 225 like it was nothing! I was so upset when it finally dawned on me what I had done! I then went right back to how I lost the 50 lbs the first time and got back down to 200 in a couple months. However I then hit my plateau at 200 again! I was SO FRUSTRATED! I worked SO HARD to get past it and nothing worked. I tried eating less while working out harder and harder. NOTHING! I then gave up and went right back up to 215 while trying to "maintain" at 200! So finally, I decided to do some research and figure out what I was doing wrong. Through a lot of trial and error over the last 6-7 months. I now have the knowledge probably better then 50% of fitness trainers! I am by no means in shape like them [ yet ;-) ] but I know what I am doing works and is proven to work! I am not ready for a side by side that I am happy with yet, but I am down to 175 lbs and actively not TRYING to lose any more weight, but just fat! I will probably end up around 165 after all the fat is gone and hopefully with all the weight training I have and will be doing, I will maintain all my muscle I have built and continue to maintain along with my diet.

The diet is 100% the main thing and I never knew that at first until I really went to town on the research! MACROS MACROS MACROS!!!! If you don't know what they are, GET TO IT! Google these 5 letters, "IIFYM" and get to reading!

If you have any questions I will be glad to help you out! Feel free to add me as a friend along with my wife as she has come along with me for this journey herself with proven results!!!

Good luck to all and I wish you all the best!

Tim V.

Replies

• cindy4361
    cindy4361 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi Tim! I love reading your story! Congrats on losing the 75 lbs!! I am heading to Google as soon as I finish this post!! Can't wait to find out what all that means! Good luck!
  • vecchioni
    Options
    Hi Tim! I love reading your story! Congrats on losing the 75 lbs!! I am heading to Google as soon as I finish this post!! Can't wait to find out what all that means! Good luck!

Thanks for reading!

To give you a bit of a head start on finding "The Right Facts." Go to this website. It has the most up to date FACTS online that I could find. He also answers a lot of questions that people ask all the time!

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/

Hope this helps!

Tim V.
  • vecchioni23
    vecchioni23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So proud of you babe and all your hard work! You have come so far!!!
    Thank you for all the support you have given me and the inspiration to loose the weight the I did! I have learned so much from you and this diet really does work!

I love you very much :)
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi! Great job on your journey! And, I am going to Google those terms you mentioned! :-) I've lost about 33 lbs & have 50 more to go, so I need some help! I'll add you and your wife... Thanks for the info!
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello Tim, well done for losing 75 lb's that is such an achievement. I too have googled the website, as I have no clue to what I should be eating, with what exercising I need to do.

I am just starting out on my journey (again) and this time I would like to do it correct. I have been on so many diets over the years, weight watchers, slimfast etc and the weight has always gone back on and more.

Well done to both you and your wife
    :smile:
  • vecchioni
    Options
    Hi! Great job on your journey! And, I am going to Google those terms you mentioned! :-) I've lost about 33 lbs & have 50 more to go, so I need some help! I'll add you and your wife... Thanks for the info!

Thanks! And no problem. If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask!
  • vecchioni
    Options
    Hello Tim, well done for losing 75 lb's that is such an achievement. I too have googled the website, as I have no clue to what I should be eating, with what exercising I need to do.

I am just starting out on my journey (again) and this time I would like to do it correct. I have been on so many diets over the years, weight watchers, slimfast etc and the weight has always gone back on and more.

Well done to both you and your wife
    :smile:

I was right there with you trying every diet that has ever been mentioned. I even tried the whole cabbage soup thing once upon a time. Just nasty! Haha. With doing things correctly and following your macros. No exercise is even needed! Its all just a bonus :)

Which brings me to a very important fact that can be very misleading to some. By fulfilling your macros daily. That doesn't mean whatever calories you burn exercising you should be "eating back." Instead continue to fulfill exactly your daily macros and the calories you burn during exercise is all bonus! You worked hard to burn those calories. Why waste that effort by eating more!?

Those macros are exactly what your body needs each day, nothing more!
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thank you Tim, it can all be so confusing, but your right why eat back all the calories you have burned as that to me is somehow defeating the object.....
  • vecchioni
    Options
    Thank you Tim, it can all be so confusing, but your right why eat back all the calories you have burned as that to me is somehow defeating the object.....

Exactly :) It makes sense to the normal person who hasn't been informed that you should be able to eat back those calories burned. But it makes even more sense that if you are eating what your body needs to survive, then why feed it more to lessen your results!?