Keto is my goal

Options
I've been on Keto for 3 days now, eating around 40g or less carbs a day. I used to eat 300g+ a day. I was getting fat, but since starting Keto i've noticed a drop in fat and weight! My ketostix results show im in ketosis which is great!

looking for other keto-ers to be friends with!

feel free to add!

Replies

• fitgirlforlife1
    Options
    what is keto??
  • HS2305
    HS2305 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I tried keto but it just wasn't the best fit for my lifestyle. You sound like you're doing great though! Keep up the good work!
  • PradaGx
    PradaGx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Keto diet is basically cutting out carbs(below 20g a day) and eating high healthy fats. I am on the keto also and it's been almost 3 weeks. I weighed in at the 2 week mark and dropped 6 lb but I know that most of it was water weight since carbs make you retain a lot of water so within the first few weeks you will drop a huge amount of water weight. I do a carb load once a week tho since I lift heavy at the gym. Other then that its been going pretty good for me. I have ketostix also and after my carb load it doesn't ever completely knock me out of ketosis. Just drops me to a "trace" amount but after about 2 days I am back into the moderate amount of ketones again.
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Don't rely on the ketostix, get a meter if you can. They are more accurate.
  • seefyboy
    seefyboy Posts: 68
    Options
    Starting my Keto diet on Monday. it's more of an experiment than anything else, since I like trying new diets and work out programs. I have my bacon, eggs, mayo, turkey/beef burgers, steak, pork chops, coconut oil and salmon all ready to go. Can't wait to get stuck in.
  • PradaGx
    PradaGx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Ketostix are not accurate and just used as an estimate. The ketostix will say you are in extreme ketosis if you are dehydrated.
  • bushiwodemingzi
    bushiwodemingzi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't get caught up in ketostix, meters, etc. Get one pack to give you reassurance if you feel you are doing something wrong and not losing weight, but there's no need to get a very accurate reading or test it every day. It's either you are in ketosis or you are not.

Also, for the first month or so, you may want to stay below 20g of net carbohydrates on most days until your body is accustomed to the diet and then slowly raise them up. I've been on keto (off and on) for a little over a year now; if you have any questions, let me know, or jump on reddit's keto forum www.reddit.com/r/keto

But yeah, welcome to the keto club.
    May the bacon be with you.
    (and also with you)
    Let us prey.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I'm keto, although I eat about 50-70g/day so not crazy low like 20 or anything but I find these levels keep my blood sugar from going up and down and they also keep my crappy food cravings at bay. I'm actually surprised by the amount of "good carbs" I've been able to squeak in and still be craving free. Add me if you wish :)