Friends with disabilities

Options
Hi, I live with disabilities which impair my mobility and hearing. I'd like to have a few contacts trying to lose weight while dealing with limitations so we can help and motivate each others. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• tessyapple
    tessyapple Posts: 4
    Options
    Do you sign? ASL?
  • ohheyitsfelicity
    Options
    Hello beautiful! I deal with what I call it "an invisible disability" - I have Congenital Heart Disease and have had 4 open heart surgeries. I've tried doing different things that people seem to do with no issues on here (such as Couch to 5K), but I cannot keep up with the exercising because I get out of breath & get chest pains. I added you :)
  • RussianDollFromCanada
    Options
    No, I don't sign, except a bit with my brother to help communication (he's recently completely deaf but a good lip reader). I wear an hearing aid. When I sign it's in LSQ tho, not ASL.
  • RussianDollFromCanada
    Options
    Thank you for adding me Felicity, perhaps we can help each others.
  • TenderlyRose
    TenderlyRose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I would love being friends! I have SCA which affects my mobility. talk to you soon!
  • ittibits
    ittibits Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    You can add me as well. I don't have a disability that is visable to strangers. I am on dialysis and awaiting kidney transplant. Trying to lose weight before surgery.
  • RussianDollFromCanada
    Options
    Nice to meet you all :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,653 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I became slightly disabled in 2011 following illness. Swine flu, septic shock and multiple organ failure. Got Guillain Barre Syndrome during recovery (an autoimmune disease where you attack your own nerve cells while fighting off an infection). Spent 6 months in hospital. Still walk with canes due to some paralysis in feet and legs, but am glad that I can use an elliptical trainer safely.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi I have fibromyalgia I usually try to ignore this and live life normally but on a bad day I am overwhelmed by fatigue and in chronic pain. I probably exercise more than i should with my condition but I am determined not to let it beat me. I also have a small benign brain tumour that so far doesnt cause me any problems but needs yearly monitoring. My children have autism and ADHD so as a family we are used to dealing with hidden disablities, add me if you want to.
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have hearing loss in both ears due to my bones didnt develop right and i have a learning disability.im suppose to wear hearing aids but my insurance wont pay for new ones
  • RussianDollFromCanada
    Options
    Nice to meet all of you!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    No, I don't sign, except a bit with my brother to help communication (he's recently completely deaf but a good lip reader). I wear an hearing aid. When I sign it's in LSQ tho, not ASL.
    You're in Quebec?
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I myself don't have disabilities, but I am the caregiver to my husband who lives with Multiple Sclerosis. Trying to get healthy and in better shape so that I can better care for him. Its a struggle because I'm doing my best to put weight on him while allowing our son and myself to eat a well balanced diet and not gain. I have over 100 lbs to lose and my husband needs to gain 40+
  • Abhishek1984
    Options
    Hello , I have CMT, it restricts some of my mobility like i can't run , jump , do squats ..hand grip is weak so i am unable to lift heavy weights too ..
    But I put all my effort in cycling , light weight, callisthenics , healthy eating ..and
    it would be nice to be friends with you :smile:
  • RussianDollFromCanada
    Options
    Yes, I am. :)
  • RenegadeSoulHunter
    Options
    Anyone here can feel free to add me. I live with epileptic seizures with no "aura" so no way of knowing before an oncoming seizure. I also have severe clinical depression which makes it difficult to get out of bed on the best of days..never mind on a bad day..i'm very fortunate in that 4 months ago today I became the guardian/mom of a severely neglected then abandoned German Shepherd boy who forces me to get up out of bed to take him out for nice long walks..he thoroughly enjoys 2 to 3 mile long walks(1 way) so as much as I can I force myself to take him for his much beloved long walks. He's truly been a life saver for me not only in that he gives me a reason to get out of bed every day but he also alerts to the seizures that I have no way of knowing are coming. I would be lost without him.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I have Spina Bifida. I'm in a wheelchair full time.

Anyone is free to add me, always!
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have ME/CFS which really sucks. I find it hard to exercise but try and do it when I can, mostly yoga or slowish walks. It would be great to have friends who understand that sometimes you have to make a choice between exercising and doing an everyday activity like cooking or showering and that you just can't go all out whenever you want. Feel free to add me :-)
  • RussianDollFromCanada
    Options
    I'm glad you have that dog Renegade. We all need something to live for.
  • dizneedana
    dizneedana Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have also had Guillain-Barre Syndrom in which I still struggle w/residuals, have Fibromyalgia, Myofacial pain, a start of Rhumatoid Arthritis, & Chronic fatigue. It is hard for me to exercise & if I do too much, I could end in bed for a week or more. Everyday is an evaluation of myself to push myself but not overdo. Everyone can add me.