Yesterday's Remaining Calories

Options
OK... I feel stupid but I've used the app on my phone and JUST realized I have been doing it wrong! I had not eaten my exercise calories in the past week (based on a friend's instruction), and I think my body must think I'm crazy. :embarassed:

So, of course I'm correcting it now and will make sure I eat 1200 NET calories a day as suggested by the app. :happy:

Here's my question: I did exercise yesterday, and since I didn't know what i know today, I was probably about 500 calories under. Should I eat 200/300 more today to help balance it?

Replies

• janet67
    janet67 Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I would suggest eating at least 1200 calories each day so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. When that happens, your body starts storing everything you eat as fat. I've also found that going over occasionally doesn't hurt, and being under occasionally is OK too, but consistency seems to be best, and eating about the same number of calories each meal helps too. Just be sure to eat breakfast every day.
    You said you'd lost 80 pounds already. How did you do that? That's amazing. How long did it take you to lose that much?
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    once the day is over..it's gone. I don't beleive in the theory of eating the same amount of calories each and everyday because then your body becomes accustomed tot hat routine, and you can actually slow down your progress. I take in a huge chunk of my calories at breakfast, and then I eat smaller meals after that. One day I may eat 1300, the next 1850, the next 1200, the next 2100..the point is your body will work it out over the week, not day by day....you need to have a deficit by weeks end, it doesn't really matter how you do that. This also allows you to incorporate those higher fat foods without comprimising or feeling guilty. It works.

Quick edit, I don't really eat back excercise calories, if i'm hungry I eat...if i'm not I don't..the occasional day under 1200 isn't going to hurt you unless you're doing it frequently.
  • suckitup
    suckitup Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I do like the sound of having "rollover calories"! :laugh:
  • chrisylim
    chrisylim Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I totally am planning on eating the 1200 consistently now, since that's the goal the app sets for me. I DID NOT want to get my body in starvation, but unfortunately due to my misunderstanding, I think my body was probably freaking out. And now, it may need a lil time to adjust.. So starting today, I'm going to make sure my net calories consumed for each day is 1200.

janet67: I lost 60lbs (not 80 hehe). I did it with exercising 30 mins 5 times a week and having good portion control, and also going to a weekly support group (a program called Lose It For Life being run by a church group at the time). I lost the 60 lbs over a year and a half though, so it did take a while. The group, however, ended, and I also felt a bit exhausted with the weekly program.. we also were re-watching some of the videos so I got bored. In any case, I think without the support group, I gained some weight back during the last holidays season, and it just pretty much stayed the same since.

So I've been about 184-187 for the last 8 months. I'd really like to get it down to 140 (first, then we'll see what happens once i get there). My OB-GYN doctor once told me that since my weight when I was about 17/18 was about 180, she said it'd be harder to lose the weight beyond 180. Not totally sure why, but I sure did hit a wall.. and am still trying to break through.