Help! Tummy Tips! People keep thinking I'm pregnant!

Adah_m
Adah_m Posts: 216 Member
Maybe it's because I'm a newly-wed and I'm completely gaga over my husband that everyone just assumes I'm pregnant.
It's more likely though that people think so because it looks like I am. My belly from 100 lbs ago has decided to stay unproportionally large compared to the rest of me, and it sticks out like a little basket ball, round and hard, just like it would be if I was growing a little mini version of my wonderful husband. But alas, I'm not growing a little miracle and it's killing me that people are sure enough that I am, that they're proactively congratulating me and asking me about it. Unless all 200 people who work in my building are playing a giant joke to see how low they can make my self esteem, I have a problem.

Although we're both pudding for eachother and we want nothing more than a little bundle of joy, we're trying to be responsible and wait until our finances are in order before we procreate. For someone who is dying to have a baby and WISHES the circumstances were right, it's just teasing me to let me walk around having people think I am, and instead I'm very, very, not pregnant.

So, I've resolved to get rid of this belly as fast as possible so that when I DO get pregnant, I'll show right away and get congratulations for real. Also so I can stop feeling miserable everytime someone asks me and I'm left feeling all barren and dissapointed.

Before you suggest "Cardio and strength training!!!!" Here is what I've already done:
I just finished the 30 day shred and I've started Jilliam Michael's six week six pack, I eat pretty well (no dairy and I avoid gluten, so no bloat), and I make sure to get my water. I'm also doing 3 minutes of hip flexor stretches every night to make sure I'm not just sticking my belly out from poor posture.

Is there any way to speed the weight loss in any specific place? Isn't there anything I can do to suck that belly in? Is there anything else that can force it to stick out?

I've never had a baby, it's just that stubborn belly from when I was SO big that doesn't want to shrink down with the rest of me.

Help? Suggestions?

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Unfortunately you can't spot reduce to just make the belly area smaller.

Are you properly weighing all your food? Measuring all liquids? Tracking everything?

A lot of people have success with lifting heavy for reducing body fat and therefore making the tummy smaller. Those Jillian workouts are a cardio work out, not a lifting workout. Do you have access to a gym or are you able to buy HEAVY weights to use at home?

Does you stomach look bigger after eating certain things? I believe gluten will only cause bloat if you have an issue with it (same with dairy). If you do have an issue with gluten are you checking ALL labels for gluten? If you do have an issue with dairy are you checking labels? There is gluten and diary hidden in everything!

How much fibre are you getting? I find with enough fibre and if I take a probiotic I don't get so bloated.

Maybe check with a doctor if it's that bad? Could be a food issue causing it.

Congrats on the weight loss so far!
  • lmcgowenscott
    lmcgowenscott Posts: 3 Member
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far!!!

I also second the doctor idea. Go to the doctor to make sure there is nothing that could be causing the belly fat to stick around. Not to freak you out, but my aunt had a gigantic belly and was super duper skinny and looked pregnant and it turned out that she had something medically wrong. So, I definitely recommend going to the doctor, especially considering your working so hard!

And, unfortunately there is really no way to spot reduce. It sucks, I know. We'd all love to be able to get rid of our problem areas. That being said, keep on weighing and measuring your food and working that butt off!! If nothing else, something has to give and it will go down!
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    I don't think you look pregnant in your most recent profile pictures. You just have some weight to lose still. Your belly looks pretty flat, though it does have some extra weight but not out of proportion with the rest of you like a pregnant belly would be. My belly is the same at 200 lbs and have extra weight. Even at 180 lbs I have extra weight around my stomach.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    It will go away eventually... probably the last thing to go if you're like me though!