Is yoga any good?

Options
fancy trying it but I dont really know what the outcomes are or whether its very effective?

Replies

• erin4609
    erin4609 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people who have gotten pretty toned from yoga. depends on the type you want to do. Either way, what it does for your mindset is life changing. (seriously)
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    depends on your goals for doing it.. relaxing yes, stretches are great makes you more flexible.

If you are looking though for a real workout to me it wasnt enough alot of times you move fairly fast through positions depending on the teacher....

if you are looking for a real workout that will test you that is similar to yoga.. do pilates.
  • carrieebg
    carrieebg Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love going to hot yoga. It's difficult and I love how I feel. I have tone, flexibility and balance. Give it a try.
    In my first class, I really struggled so expect that and also bring water and a towel.

Good Luck, I hope you give it a try :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's great for you. I can't make myself go though.
  • Cairine63
    Cairine63 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yoga is awesome! It is a great addition to a fitness program. It improves balance and flexibility... and even one's peace of mind.
  • hevurxo
    hevurxo Posts: 27
    Options
    is it good to do along side cardio workouts? to lose weight and tone?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    SOOOOO GOOD! Love my yoga!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    P90X yoga is really good for fat loss. It gets your heart rate up, then slows it down with stretches.

Others yogas also work that way to help you build stamina.
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

Yoga really helps me with aches/pains/soreness, so it may help you stay motivated to keep doing cardio and weights since you may hurt less.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Coupling cardio and yoga can be very effective in a number of ways. Balance, flexibility, peace of mind, calories burned. Everything other posters have said is true. I did a class yesterday and my shoulders are so sore today!
  • hevurxo
    hevurxo Posts: 27
    Options
    Wow sounds like I'm going to start a new class then! Thanks guys!
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hot Yoga is amazing, so many benefits for your body. Google Bikram yoga benefits. It also helps with learning to breath correctly, so it helps when you do cardio! Hot yoga is stand alone workout you must get past the thought that others are watching our or that others are better. Truthfully, you will soon realize when practicing that you must be in tune with yourself and be in the moment! Try it is amazing!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Yes, very good. :)

thumb_sexygymchics-1.jpg

seksi-yoga-taytlari-310-300x291.jpg

yogapants2-400x300.jpg
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    effective in what way exactly?

A lot of people like yoga. I want to take a yoga class one night a week. Not for a workout but for the stretch and what not.
  • kaykaylaws
    Options
    i do hot yoga vinyasa - and I really don't do anything else because I don't like cardio and I think the vinyasa class gets my heart rate up enough as is. it is definitely a work out
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Coupling cardio and yoga can be very effective in a number of ways. Balance, flexibility, peace of mind, calories burned. Everything other posters have said is true. I did a class yesterday and my shoulders are so sore today!
    Effective for balance, flexibility, peace of mind, calories burned...
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Yoga can also increase the strength in your arms and legs. I love it.
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I practice yoga on my light days, so twice a week. Even then I still burn between 300-400 calories in an hour.
  • sunshineandprayers
    sunshineandprayers Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Bikram Yoga, not much ever in the moment because it is tough! 105 degrees and 40% humidity and not a class if you are looking just for stretching and relaxing. It has totally changed my overall health. Less back problem, less anxiety, less of a lot of negativity and lots of overall great feeling in my body and mind. I haven't lost a ton weight wise, but I am more toned and find the benefit of improved overall well being more sustainable sometimes. If you pair it with running or other cardio you will see great results appearance wise.
  • WhyFlowersExist
    WhyFlowersExist Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love yoga, its amazing especially after a hard workout it rejuvinates every muscle in my body. My flexibility has doubled, and honestly it calms me down after a stressful day try it! You wont regret it :)