I'm Here to Fight the "Mom Body"

Options
Hello everyone!

I am 27 years old and I have 3 kids - ages 7, 5, and 3. I also work a full time job managing a retail store and being assistant to the district manager. So, it has always been a challenge for me to find time to work out. And I like to eat. I love to eat.

I just officially got on the health wagon this week - Monday was Day 1. I signed up here on Wednesday (my mom sent me). I am trying really hard to eat well and I love how you can track your food on this site. It makes me much more concious of what I am putting into my body. Also, it is curbing my snacking desire. I know that I am the only one that sees my intake, but just knowing that if I snack I am going to have to make a very long snack list is enough of a deterent.

I have also started getting up at 6am to go jogging. I am usually the kind of person that will stay in bed until the very last minute. Part of this is my preparation to get ready for Back to School. For parents it seems like Back to School is more of a resolution making time than Jan. 1 is for a lot people!

And I have to confess - my class is starting to talk about planning our ten year reunion for next year. I want to get back to my pre-baby weight by then. That's a whopping 35 pounds. Okay, so I'd be happy with losing 25 pounds. The first step I think will just be getting to that point where my jeans feel comfortable again.

Here's to new habits and a new way of living! I hope I have the will power and support to keep me going. And, thanks Mom ;)

Replies

• Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: You'll find lots of moms on here fighting for the same thing! Hope you love this site as much as we all do! :happy:
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    Hello and welcome, I love this site actually recording my calories was a real eye opener for me.... no more snacking on what i prepare the kids and pretending those things dont count lol!

We want to lose about the same sort or weight and much like you I am a 'just 5 more minutes in bed' kind of girl but i've also been getting up early (6am) with my husband and then doing the 30 day shred and actually having a proper breakfast (I never used to bother) the getting up early is in preperation for when my little girl who is 4 starts school in september. When she was at nursery I probably got her there on time once a week and I am determined to make sure that doesnt happen when she starts back!!

Anyway good luck with getting back to where you want to be xx
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    oooops double post
  • Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    Welcome aboard and good luck on your weight loss journey:flowerforyou:
  • Sonflower
    Options
    I love how you said the "Mom Body" I feel the same way...I am 44 and still fighting with that image..lost a lot and I have gained some of it back..and I am now back to trying to get it off..

Stay on here and keep track, if you bite it write...
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    That is my mission too, to be a Mom & not look like one...in a good way!!

Good luck, stay focused!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Im working on my baby weight too. Our kids are the same ages as well. i have 7,5,3, and 1.
    Kudos to you on getting up @ 6am to go jogging! I've been trying to walk/jog when i can. I love the calorie counter here. Real eye opener. I was eating very healthy but my portions were a bit too large and had no idea how much fat i was consuming!
    We can do this!
  • Kimbreli
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the encouragement so far.

Kids are a blessing and a joy (and quite frankly, a pain in the neck at times as well). If only they could have been delivered by the stork.

I hope that at the end of my journey I will feel confident in a two piece bathing suit again. However, I have another pregnancy curse - massive stretch marks (yeah, I can thank my 10 pounder for that). Anyways, has anyone had any luck with Mederma?