Dreading the pools at Vegas- what to wear?

Options
I'm off to Vegas next weekend with my hubby and his friend (who's visiting from overseas). I'm not nearly beach-body ready and am dreading laying by the pool in a bathing suit surrounded by beautiful women in teeny tiny bikini's. I will not wear a bikini but don't want to feel frumpy either. Any suggestions on what to wear? Help!!!

PS, I'm a US lg/xl or size 14-16. I have fairly slim legs and arms but carry all my weight in my stomach, love handles and back fat :(

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    People don't care what you wear. They are more concerned with what they look like in a bathing suit rather than what you look like.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cinderwolfeh
    Options
    I went to Vegas las year at my highest weight and I still rocked a bikini. Just walk aroudn liek you own the palce and no oen will care. beleive me there is so many people no one is even paying attention. Just enjoy yourself : )
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Pehaps first realize you are great the way your are , everywhere there are these so called beautiful bodies so what ,wear what makes you feel good I see you said your tummy is your problem area well a ruched suit would do wonders or maybe a retro style one it hides quite a bit, if you have nice décolletage wear a suit that emphasizes that and of course find a color that's looks awesome on you if you have blue, brown,greeen so on eyes maybe a swimsuit that makes them standout, don't underestimate the power of color.
  • kirklandgabbie
    kirklandgabbie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There are some really cute vintage style two piece bathing suits that are high wasted. Try looking into them :)
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Tankini. Get one, wear it, enjoy your trip.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    This is what I noticed....
    the only people that starred are the g/f 's of other men making sure the guy don't stare.... that is one option
    and the other option is most likely other girls looking at you comparing their body to yours... which is not worth your time to worry about... because as soon as another girls walks into the room they will forget about you and compare the other girl...
    and last option the person really does not care... because HEY! They in Vegas Baby!
    Hope that puts your mind at ease. lol

but most of the time in Vegas.. I was half cut anyways... so i didn't give a :devil:
    So wear that sexy little thing!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Get a Victoria's Secret push up tankini. Those are sexy as hell. That's if you don't want to wear a regular bikini. If you wanna wear a bikini just get a really nice see through cover up. That way if you get brave you take if off or you take it off to tan and you wander around with your cover up. Seriously, you can wear sexy stuff without showing everything.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Tankini! Love 'em!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Retro tankinis are stylish and cover you up :) Even though I have the body for a bikini, I wear one because it's super cute! Mine looks like this http://www.stylehive.com/bookmark/retro-style-polka-dot-onepiece-swimsuit-for-luna-965983

I would definitely not call that frumpy!
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    rock out in the nude.

look everyone dead in the eyes to let them know you don't give a ****.

they will be scared
  • jmbond06
    jmbond06 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a monkini. They have a bit more coverage but still look super cute.
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    To the guy saying go nude:

Solid advice. >D
  • brassballa
    brassballa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ok I don't have pic but Macy has this really awesome one piece that has a mesh center ...you show a little skin and still have coverage?...and still feel young and sexy!
  • MistynVT
    MistynVT Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. I have had to go for the last few years on business, and it is not quite as luxurious as it is proclaimed to be. There are all shapes and sizes. Just be yourself. I speak from experience...same size, and really short on top of that. Wear what makes you feel beautiful. You will see that it is really laid back for the most part. The evenings, pack a few nice dresses, it gets a bit glitzy then, but keep in mind, that there will be some fabulous dark lighting in most clubs and restaurants. :) I hope that was helpful. Have fun!
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    rock out in the nude.

look everyone dead in the eyes to let them know you don't give a ****.

they will be scared

Haha, thanks for the advice, not sure I could pull it off tho. But that did make me giggle :laugh:

and trust me, no one want to see that lol
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Get a Victoria's Secret push up tankini. Those are sexy as hell. That's if you don't want to wear a regular bikini. If you wanna wear a bikini just get a really nice see through cover up. That way if you get brave you take if off or you take it off to tan and you wander around with your cover up. Seriously, you can wear sexy stuff without showing everything.

Victoria Secret looks like they have great suits but none close to me in Canada and I don't think shipping will be here by next week. Might have to check one out while i'm down there!