who wants to help me brainstorm? :)

Options
deemar54
deemar54 Posts: 61 Member
disclaimer: if you cannot be nice, please refrain from commenting. i am asking for some creative ideas here.

alright.. i'm getting married in 8 (!!!) days, and i have been wracking my brain in an attempt to come up with a cute gift for my sister (my only bridesmaid) and my mama (who has orchestrated my whole wedding) to show them how much i appreciate them...but this wedding has seriously drained out my bank account and im grasping at straws here. i don't know if it's pc to wait until after the wedding to give gifts to family. so, that's the first part of my question. did anyone give appreciative gifts to family members AFTER their wedding?

secondly, i have an infinity symbol tattooed on my wrist, and that has become sort of my trademark. i found some really cute infinity symbol rings on etsy that i am considering ordering at $8 a piece. i also have been recently introduced to the wonders of cookie butter. THAT ISH IS A.MAY.ZING!!!!!!!! :love: :love: if you have never heard of it or had it please google trader joes speculoos cookie butter and thank me later. and i was thinking about making them some at home with speculoos cookies. anyway *sigh* what i need is help coming up with a clever way to package these two things. tj's cookie butter has become my secret life saver.. a stolen spoonful here and there seriously can save one's sanity AND it's still friendly to my new lifestyle.

can anyone help, or anyone have some other super cute low cost ideas? :smile: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Bottles of wine or whiskey.
  • glynda66
    glynda66 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Gift cards to their FAVORITE store...For me it would be Bath and BodyWorks...:smile:
  • deemar54
    Options
    those are great ideas and i already thought of that.. but i need CHEAP ideas if i'm going to do this before the wedding.. and my sister is only 19. so wine and whiskey arent gonna work. i know they'd love the cookie butter, but i just cant think of a way to package it that's cute. but thanks for the input!
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Put the cookie butter in a tin or box, tie with ribbon or raffia and attach the ring....easy!
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Put the cookie butter in a tin or box, tie with ribbon or raffia and attach the ring....easy!

^^ this

A cute trinket box with the ring attached by the bow

You can find trinket boxes at Micheal's (or craft store) for less than $5
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Or use a mason jar same idea.
  • deemar54
    Options

^^ this

A cute trinket box with the ring attached by the bow

You can find trinket boxes at Micheal's (or craft store) for less than $5

you guys are genious. anyone have any cute little poems or ideas for cards? i knew if someone could help me, it would be you guys. :flowerforyou:
  • deemar54
    Options
    Or use a mason jar same idea.

i actually have some of those at home!
  • KatyCurtin
    KatyCurtin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Use clear cellophane bags (like the goodie bags from the party store) and tie them with curling ribbon. It will showcase your cookies and keep them fresh.
  • booty4dookie
    Options
    maybe heart stickers with smiley faces :-) tee hee hee....
  • booty4dookie
    Options
    Hey girl hey Beckey!!!!!!!!!..........tee hee hee ;-)
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    You and I are friends
    You laugh, I laugh
    You cry, I cry

You scream, I scream
    You run, I run
    You jump, I jump

You jump off a
    bridge, I'm going to
    miss you buddy:)
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Hey girl hey Beckey!!!!!!!!!..........tee hee hee ;-)

"pritay pritay nice and skinnay :-)"

Imtrying to help you "Brainstorm" but Bootie4dookie is messing w/my mind.