175 to lose. NEW HERE!

Options
Hey guys
So I'm new and first of all need friends on here to help support me. I've used this site before but decided to make a new more recent account. So here I am!
I weigh 312 (lost 2lbs already) and my UGW is 140/139 ish! I would ideally like to be less than that in the long run but I thought I would set that as my UGW and if/when I get there I can just see how I look and if I want to lose more as it is a big loss already! I'm 5'8 and a half and am looking for friends with the same weight loss goal amount and/or same height/starting weight or around that. But I'm not fussy and want to be friends with everyone on here. I will be supportive back and help you out best I can too. Anyways that's me, hope to get a few friend requests and keep up the good work everyone :D x

EDIT* I've now added a pic of me! It was a pic I did in a modelling photoshoot but I've been too scared to post it online! That's just a rough idea of my weight, but it's not that great! (It's my profile pic, if you don't know what I'm talking about!)

Replies

• jdyg81
    jdyg81 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well you came to the right place I started 390 now im 50 pounds lighter the community is great add me and best of luck on your journey and you can do it don't give up cause some days are going to harder than others
  • storknursekelly
    storknursekelly Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have 70 plus lbs to lose, but I know over the years I have lost and gained three times that much. Add me if you would like :) I think accountability is a huge factor in helping each other reach our goals. I commend you for restarting & making a healthy lifestyle change. I'm 5'6 and would like to get down to 125. My diary is open feel free to look at it. I am choosing to eat as clean as possible & at least 40 grams of fiber to prevent type 2 diabetes as well as insulin resistance. I have been blessed by all the support of friends I have met here & hope you will be too !
  • viewasicon
    viewasicon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just want to say I completely support you and this is a great place to be, but also that shooting for less than 140 seems pretty drastic at your height! I'm 5'7" and I'm shooting for 150, maybe 145 (I've never weighed less than I do now, so I'll feel pretty thin at that weight). I guess if you've been 135 or 130 before at your height and you feel comfortable there, then for you that is a reasonable goal. But I hope you'll be happy at a normal, healthy weight, even if you're not supermodel skinny!
  • Breezy3
    Breezy3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I am just starting out too. I have 87 lbs to lose.

I hope you get lots of support here and I wish you the best.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me. I started at 325... my UGW is to be 210. :)
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have 136 to lose. I set goals to make it not seem like so much to lose at one time. So far it is working. My first goal is to lose 50 pounds. My second goal is 50 more. My third goal is to lose the last 50. My final goal is to maintain my goal, and stay healthy. Good luck to you!
  • mleesel
    mleesel Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, and welcome:) congrats on making that first step, its a long journey but i know u can do it!! just want to encourage u and tell u that i did it, at my heaviest i weighed 344lbs! im now down to 140lbs all with counting calories and exercise! its no ez task and some days are harder than others but IT CAN BE DONE!! im living proof! just be patient and u will do it! im always here for you even though i dont know u, im here to encourage u, always! :) so good luck and welcome!
  • marcellatison
    Options
    Wow that is amazing what sort of exercise do yo recommend . I was thinking low impact like yoga? any advice cause I cant afford to attend a gym