Committing to this and looking for support

Options
I'm really committing to this weight loss journey and am looking for any and all encouragement and support. I've lost weight before but haven't kept it off and need to change it this time with a bit of 100 lbs to lose. Planning on small rewards along the way to keep motivated although the best motivation is from my two small sons.

Replies

• Breezy3
    Breezy3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi I am in the same boat... been here before but did not stay motivated. Really did not give it a genuine try, but am determined this time. I have lost weight lots of times, but keeping it off has been an issue. I have 87 lbs to lose. Go Meredith!

I have only been here a few days.
  • franktones
    Options
    Good luck, I know where you come from. I have lost weight over and over thru the years, But I think I have finally found the secret to keep it off. Its myfitnesspal. I'm sure you can do it. I've lost 104 pounds in 15 months. But the last 33 by using this. I log my food faithfully and choose foods that are the right ones for me. You can do it if I can and I'm 52 :)
  • Mikesrobin
    Mikesrobin Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!! I started here July 2011 and so far I have lost most of what I wanted too. My husband and I are working together on our lifestyle change. He still wants to lose 100 more. We are working out in a pool it is much easier on our old bones (I am 48 and he is 55) and get this it burns more calories because you have more resistance. So the longer you work out in a pool the better. We started two years ago walking for about 30 minutes and now we walk or jog in the pool for about 1.5 hours 3 to 4 times a week.

Of course tracking your food intake on this site is a great also but you have to be honest with yourself or it wont work. Just remember it is a journey not a race.