What is your macronutrient ratio for fat loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I had some good success with fat loss at 40p/40f/20c but the low carb got me down after a couple of week I was so tired and had no energy, even fell asleep when I sat in my car a couple of times, so very low carb isn't for me and I've changed to 40f/30p/30c, but the fat loss has slowed considerably
  • waistaway80
    waistaway80 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes, everyone has essentially said something different. Very interesting. There obviously is no right or wrong answer. I'm looking to lose about 15 pounds, and I think calorie deficit is the most important for that. Thanks for all the responses!!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Yes, everyone has essentially said something different. Very interesting. There obviously is no right or wrong answer. I'm looking to lose about 15 pounds, and I think calorie deficit is the most important for that. Thanks for all the responses!!

You're right that it's calories. Body recomp is different though and you'll have to do so legit research to understand that there is a right answer. Try checking out Alan Aragon or Lyle McDonald
  • Harder_Better_Faster_Stronger
    Options
    The conversion of carbohydrates or protein into fat is 10 times less efficient than simply storing fat in a fat cell, but the body can do it. If you have 100 extra calories in fat (about 11 grams) floating in your bloodstream, fat cells can store it using only 2.5 calories of energy. On the other hand, if you have 100 extra calories in glucose (about 25 grams) floating in your bloodstream, it takes 23 calories of energy to convert the glucose into fat and then store it. Given a choice, a fat cell will grab the fat and store it rather than the carbohydrates because fat is so much easier to store.

TLDR? - High carb and low fat is the way to go.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

You're right that it's calories. Body recomp is different though and you'll have to do so legit research to understand that there is a right answer. Try checking out Alan Aragon or Lyle McDonald

I can speak for this right now. I am encountering some weird plateaus I have never came across until recently
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I guess it doesn't even matter.

People that do the 80/10/10 diet are lean year-round. Like this girl who eats at least 85% carbs from fruit:

FreeleeBeforeAndAfter.jpg

ew... those arms..