"If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough"

Options
Nease269
Nease269 Posts: 21 Member
So I have never really been consistent with anything. Even MFP, I will do well for a few weeks then blow it off for a month or so. I need to lose around 100 pounds and I decided that I am going to do it the right way. I am not interested in fad diets or anthing that will lose weight quickly. I am going to do it the good old-fashioned way, with diet and exercise.

That being said, here are my goals:
Short-term- RUN a 5-K in September
Mid-term- run a half within the next year
Long-term- run a full by age 40

I now have 2 years to complete my long-term goal. What can you do to help me? So glad you asked! Motivate me, please. I need encouragement, not negativity. I realize that I am choosing a healthy lifestyle and I am going to have some highs and lows. These goals scare the hell out of me. :noway: I'm not sure if I am dedicated enough to complete them. I'm tired of saying "someday." That someday is today. I may have forgotten my gym bag this morning, but the hubs is bringing it to me. I CAN do this. (with your help :smile:)

See you at the finish line! :drinker:

Replies

• touchofred
    touchofred Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You got this ! Feel free to add me. I hope to do a 5k run soon myself ! :) I got about 50lbs to lose.. who knows that could change too though
  • bdoug1234
    bdoug1234 Posts: 28
    Options
    had a dream I ate a giant marshmallow.. woke up and my pillow was gone... :)

Dreams become goals... goals become reality
  • Nease269
    Options

I Love it! :laugh:
  • Daz49ers
    Daz49ers Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    "If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough"

Every single on of my dreams scare the living *kitten* out of me...
  • _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    Watch your knees when running! I damaged my medial ligament trying to run at my heaviest

If it hurts stop!

Good luck though ????
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • seboyer942
    seboyer942 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! I also have been dieting all my life and started and stopped over and over again. Now at the age of 67 I want to ride my bike at least 20 miles by fall. Going from nothing to just over 10 miles this week has been a big accomplishment. I know lots of people who have accomplished big dreams and you can too. Take one day and one step at a time and it will happen,do not let anyone stop you with negative statements. Focus, focus and focus on your goal. You can add me as a friend and encourager, because I also need encouragement as I think we all do. Just do not give up.
  • EllieBMackal
    EllieBMackal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    feel free to add :))
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to slowly work up my running goals. Seriously after 5 mins of 8mph I already feel like dying.
  • MrsDanner78
    MrsDanner78 Posts: 107
    Options

HAHAH!! Love it!!

I have similar goals - My goal is to run a 5K by this fall, and to complete a Zombie Run or Tough Mudder or something harder of that variety by next summer. I'm not sure I'm moving in the marathon direction, but one never knows what the future holds, right? I'm sending you a friend request! :)
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You go! You can add me if you like and anyone else can, too. I am probably doing my first 5K in July!
  • Nease269
    Options
    Looks like we all need some encouragement, I am excited for all of your responses. Fortunately, my pillow was still there when I woke up. :tongue:

seboyer- seriously, 0-10 miles in one week? That's awesome, you are an inspiration.

jenzenzen- 8mph? you are a rockstar! Last year at the height of my training, I was doing well to go 5 mph.

melissa- I did a Warrior Dash last year and it was a BLAST! My encouragement to you would be cardio, cardio, cardio. Strength training would have helped since I am so weak in my arms, but cardio was the big thing. Oh and stay hydrated! Here in OK, it gets pretty warm in the summer, ha, that has been an understatement the last few years. Anyway, there may not be drink stations so make sure you are prepared. Enjoy it! A friend and I are planning to do the zombie run here in October, hmmm, getting the race fever again :happy: