Could really use some help with my eating..?

Options
I'm 5'9 and 114 lbs. I know I need to eat more but I am really struggling.

Here is my intake for today: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/danamess012

any suggestions / recommendations would be so so so very appreciated!

Replies

• purple4sure05
    purple4sure05 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    your diary is on private.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    You have to open up your diary so we can see what you're eating.
  • suunflower
    suunflower Posts: 36
    Options
    Sorry! Open now!
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    10 bliueberries? do you have an ED looks like alot of restricting. ! egg white? The most obvious increase te amounts to a serving size. If not get some counseling
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Protein...you can add more of that. Chicken, fish, beef. Will add some more good calories to your diet. You can afford to go over on protein.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I take it you're a vegetarian? Add some nuts in there, super high calorie for a small amount. A cup of cashews is ~750 calories. Spread that out over a few snacks and you've made up your calories. And personally, I think they're way too easy to overeat.

Or wine. I always suggest more wine. :wink:
  • suunflower
    suunflower Posts: 36
    Options
    I am a vegetarian -- and nuts is a good idea, thanks!!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of good ways to get your calories up as a veg. Protein powder is a good one (they make it in vegetarian and vegan varieties) to get more protein with relative ease. Nuts and beans are good as well. Tofu is easily adaptable to a lot of recipes and, unlike many meat alternatives, it doesn't have a high sodium content. There are a number of vegetarian groups in the forums. You might benefit by joining one of them so that you can target a receptive audience on some of your more specifc questions.
  • joyousmartin
    joyousmartin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fellow vegetarian here. First of all - can you share with us a bit about why you aren't eating more? Are you not hungry? Are you afraid of eating too much? The previous poster who suggested finding a counselor to sort through any psychological hurdles behind your food struggles is a really good idea.

Suggestions I have for you:

- Nuts. Almonds, pistachios, and cashews are my favorite for snacking, but you can use nuts in your cooking too - make a nut-based pesto, for example.

- Pasta, especially whole wheat, and brown rice. Whole wheat cous cous is great too.

- Lentils and beans. Filling, healthy, and inexpensive. Lots of options for how to eat - salads, pureed dips (like hummus), saucy beans over rice, lentil curries.

- Cheese and yogurt. Go full fat for the cheese (low fat is just processed crap), and either full fat or low fat for yogurt (nonfat is just wallpaper paste). Saturated fat is in there, sure, but so is lots of great protein.

I really like these blogs for healthy, inspiring vegetarian meals:
    www.101cookbooks.com
    www.naturallyella.com

And this blog (vegan recipes) might resonate with you if you are recovering from an ED:
    www.ohsheglows.com
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You might want to add some healthy fats into your food too. I usually try to have a protein, carb and healthy fat with each meal. Here are some healthy fat ideas that are high in fibre too.
    High-fiber good fats include:

Almonds (1/4 cup) – 4 g
    Flaxseed (2 tablespoons) – 4 g
    Avocado (1 cup) – 10 g
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Liquify healthy high protein high [good] fat foods into smoothies, soups, etc. It won't take as much effort to eat, and you can get it into you quickly. I also agree with eating nuts and eating frequently if you have trouble eating a lot at a time. No worries, we are here for you!
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    After looking at your diary, I see you had baked sweet potato and cinnamon. I have that for a few days too. I added coconut oil and raw agave nectar with cinnamon and it was amazing! You get some good fats from the coconut oil!

Also, I'm 5'9 as well, currently at 148.6, but only looking to drop maybe 3 more pounds or not if I start working out and get some muscles back! My diary is open if you wanna check it out. I post recipes if anyone asks!