how many calories do you think this burns?

Options
nrbrake
nrbrake Posts: 38 Member
Okay I've been seeing this "100 calorie" workout online lately and was wanting to see if you think this burns anywhere near 100 calories. I don't see how it possibly could. Also, if someone with a hrm wants to give it a go and let me know how many calories you burned and weight that would be great!

40 jumping jacks
30 crunches
20 squats
10 push ups

Do you think I would see results if I did this routine twice through, 3 or 4 times a day?

Replies

• TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    100 doesnt seem unreasonable. Yes you will see results if you eat at a deficit
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    The amount burned can vary signifiantly based on the age, sex, height, weight and general fitness level of the person involved. Fitness is key for health, but weight loss is generated in the kitchen, not the gym. As the previous poster said, if you eat right, you will lose.
  • nrbrake
    nrbrake Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's what I meant! I currently eat at a deficit so maybe I will give that a try! It's a lot more manageable time wise to be able to do it a few times a day in addition to walking/jogging! Thanks guys!
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I burn 100 calories with 10 minutes of fairly intense work, so no, because I could do one set of that circuit in 2 minutes or less. So for me if I did that circuit 5 times, it would be about a hundred calories.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Yes I think this would burn 100 cals if you did a few rounds of it - try and if you are sweaty mess afterwards your probably spot on