Trying to squash my ED & get healthy!

Options
Hi, everyone!
My name is Dana and I am hoping to use myfitnesspal as a way to keep me on track and obtain a healthier way of living :) I'm 5'9 and 114 lbs. I've been eating 800 - 900 calories a day but recently bumped it up to 1,100. I am trying to raise it more and more to become healthy and stop restricting.
I'm trying not to focus on where my weight will end up, as long as it is healthy and I am healthy.

My biggest problem right now is trying to figure out how many calories I should be aiming for in order to do so. My goal right now is 1,200 but I know that's still low. I'm a little confused on that. So if anyone has feedback for me there, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!

Replies

• SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Eventually you should be eating around 2000 calories and that is just for maintenance. There are a lot of TDEE calculators on the web so you could use a couple of those and average the number out for your stats. When you get your weight stable you will have to add calories on top of that. I don't know what a good rate of weight gain is. I am pretty sure it is harder to gain than to lose though after knowing a lot of people trying to gain, so you have my sympathy. But, bumping your calories up sooner rather than later is a good idea because every ounce you lose right now is an ounce you have to put back on. I know you don't have a weight in mind right now, but keep in mind that 129 is the very lowest healthy weight anything lower is likely to result in a too low body fat percent and other issues, like not enough fat stores if you get sick and not much to draw on when you are active. Good luck.
  • Poppyknight
    Options
    Try using this calculator:
    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/weight-loss/bmr/

Congrats from recovering from your ED!