I Want to Get Back in the Ring

Options
Hi Everyone,
I'm a old member who used MFP quite a bit. I had gotten down to about 160, tracking my calories and exercising. I was swimming 3 days a week, or I was running 4 days a week. For a few months I plateaued. So I checked out Cross Fit, to start building muscle. My first several times going to class I ended up feeling awful(as well as sick). Never have I had problems of feeling dizzy, and experiencing nausea when working out. Being the slowest and most out of shape person was not helpful either. So I quit going to Cross Fit, and stopped working out all together.

Now, about 6 months later, I've now gotten myself further from even my original highest weight, and feel even more distant from my goals.

I'm struggling a bit with how I get back into fitness, because what I did before did not work. I'm not sure if I should start running again, and add CrossFit again? Does anyone have any advise?

Replies

• laurenmoe
    laurenmoe Posts: 13
    Options
    I have recently just started running and I love every minute of it. However it is so hard to jump back into being active when you haven't been. In the beginning it helped me to join classes, or have a workout buddy to hold myself accountable until I had the drive to really do it for myself. I also paid in advance for a month of classes, that way I felt like a wasteful P.O.S. if I didn't go. Everyone hates flushing money down the toilet.
  • OtterAmber
    OtterAmber Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your response, I went for a walk tonight, and I jogged very short distances. I went 3 miles in an hour, big sigh.

I think I'll just stay with walking and move onto jogging. Basically starting all over is very discouraging but its better than gaining even more weight.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Ease back into it. After letting myself go for several years , I struggled when I first started working out again with feeling like I wasn't doing enough because I wasn't anywhere near matching what I did before. Never mind that I was comparing out of shape me to the me who had mandatory football training five days a week. Don't hurt yourself by jumping it too soon. Remember that the workout are only a small part of the weightloss equation. Diet is a much larger factor. Exercise is more a tool for being healthy than for losing weight. Hope that helps.
  • OtterAmber
    OtterAmber Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm am definitely doing the 'diet'. It is taking work to get back in there. I was WAY too low with my calories yesterday so I snacked at night... which isn't good. So I need to get back in the groove.