So my weightloss was an error

Options
mrsyac2
mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
So my weight loss was an error and I am back at where I was originally- I am very depressed and discouraged i am sick and tired of working out and watching what i eat with no results I am going to schedule myself an appointment cause i am seriously burnt out and fed up-- Its getting bad because i am obsessing over my weight-- So frustrating why can't I lose weight- Yes I am eating my earned calories- Thats not working I even tried lowering and upping my calories-- Let me just say that I have been at the same weight since Feb-- Until just recently Thursday I got on the scale and it said I wa down 6 or 7 lbs but then I get on and it was back at the same weight I know I don't gain that much weight that fast after 3 days so I know it was a gliche in my stupid scale-- Im just fed up no matter what I do nothing I haven't quit yet but I am at a complete breaking point I mean this is months without results what more do i need to do hell I even hurt my back with how much i workout and yet nothing AHHHHHHHH what do i have to do-- I don't weigh enough to get drastic help but I am going to ask what else can be done cause this is really pissin me off

Replies

• mrsyac2
    Options
    So my weight loss was an error and I am back at where I was originally- I am very depressed and discouraged i am sick and tired of working out and watching what i eat with no results I am going to schedule myself an appointment cause i am seriously burnt out and fed up-- Its getting bad because i am obsessing over my weight-- So frustrating why can't I lose weight- Yes I am eating my earned calories- Thats not working I even tried lowering and upping my calories-- Let me just say that I have been at the same weight since Feb-- Until just recently Thursday I got on the scale and it said I wa down 6 or 7 lbs but then I get on and it was back at the same weight I know I don't gain that much weight that fast after 3 days so I know it was a gliche in my stupid scale-- Im just fed up no matter what I do nothing I haven't quit yet but I am at a complete breaking point I mean this is months without results what more do i need to do hell I even hurt my back with how much i workout and yet nothing AHHHHHHHH what do i have to do-- I don't weigh enough to get drastic help but I am going to ask what else can be done cause this is really pissin me off
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I am sorry your weight loss wasn't for real. I know how you feel, but keep in there. It is tough when you kind of hang, but once you really get some good results you will feel better. I read your post yesterday, I forget how much it was, but I remember your picture. Hang in there, if I can keep going I know you can, and remember you still look great!
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    Have you ever had your thyroid checked?? There is a thyroid condition that gets missed a lot because the tests come back normal, but some doctors need to check an to see if you have an antibody that attacks your thyroid. It's called Hashimoto's disease. I know a friend of mine had this problem and it took years to diagnose because they kept getting "normal" results in her thyroid levels.

I would just tell the doctor to do a complete work up on you to make sure there isn't anything he is missing. Have him check your Cortisol level too!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hashimotos-disease/DS00567

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/cortisol-14668

I hope you get some answers soon. I am sorry you are dealing with this. I am sure it's got to be very maddening. It really shows the kind of character you have for sticking with the healthy lifestyle.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    I agree with you. If you have done everything the right way and still not lost weight there is something else going on. Time to go to the doctor!
  • bettywannabe
    Options
    A doc is worth it!

My doc works with me on a plan. And helps so much!
  • Gabbi
    Gabbi Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Did u know stress adds weight. U will loose it. I have faith in u. Best of luck ... Positive thoughts!!!
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I can so relate. I have always workout, but from time to time slip and gain weight. I injured myself (my knee) riding, my bike, god it's been 3 yrs now. I wasn't able to workout for almost 5 months gained 20 lbs. I have been struggling so hard to take it off. Well last summer I lost 17 lbs. after having surgery, but as soon as I was able to workout again. I gained 10 of it back....EEERRRRR!!!
    So April 4th I started MFP journey, I have fallowed the plan, I work out like a NUT CASE and only 5 lbs. Actually it fluctuates from a 3 lbs to a 5 lbs loss...it's BULL S :grumble:
    I feel like throwing in the towel daily, but I will keep on trucking and try my hardest to stay away from the BAD foods. I LOVE to eat!
    I have been going through some stress with my 15 yr old daughter. Maybe once things settle down the weight loss will kick in??? Exercise is the best stress relief and believe me I've been making the best of that lately!
    hang in there girlie! :flowerforyou:
    Kel~
    p.s. I did have a Thyroid panel done, but shucks it came back normal LMAO!!! But maybe it is something you should check up on.
  • Laguapa
    Laguapa Posts: 58
    Options
    Watch your thoughts--they are very powerful. Stop stressin' over the weight loss so much. I injured my ankle and calmed down on my workout and began to really lose weight--. I focused more on the eating. Also, add a few grapefruits to each meal. They have been proven to help burn calories. Think "I am now at my current weight of
    " Calm down and stop stressing over it--if there is a deficit the weight WILL come off. I asked what my problem was--and the answer that came to me was portion control. My friend's was sugar. Everyone's body is different but I know you can do it. I lost almost 40 pounds in 6 months and 27 inches after I stopped working out sooo hard and focused more on food (still working out 5 times a week)
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I second the thyroid question!!! I was EXACTLY where you're at about 8 years ago and it wasn't until 4 years ago right before I got pregnant with my daughter that I was FINALLY diagnosed with a thyroid condition after a miscarriage. It didn't matter what I did, I would gain weight or at the VERY best maintain. Now that I'm on medication and I'm serious about getting fit, the weight is coming off. Seeing your doc is a great plan and in the mean time do remember that at least your heart is really benefiting from your lifestyle changes!! :flowerforyou:
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    I agree with getting your thyroid tested! I just had mine done too. I have a question for you that might be a little personal and if you don't want to answer I'd completly understand!

Do you feel like you might have any symptoms of typical PMS that feel a little severe? The reason I ask is because alot of OBGYN doctors aren't willing to diagnosis patients with a disorder called PMDD. (especially if they are male OBGYN drs, no offence guys!) PMDD is a more hard core form of PMS. Basically you get symptoms of PMS for two to three weeks instead of the week of.

I mention this disorder because I have it, and there are a few things I have to do differently. I have to take two to three pound weight fluctuation with a deep sigh and shrug. On any given day of the week I can step on the scale that much heavier than the night before. It also helps to down more fibers (oatmeal for breakfast, whole wheat breads, lots of fruits and veggies). I find that processed flours and sugars make me feel bloated and icky. Fried foods do the same. I also get really emotional and stressed over nothing. I feel anxious for no reason....like I'm expecting something to go wrong instead of living my life normally until it does.

Anyways, the treatment is up to you and your doctor but mostly its treated with birth control to regulate hormones. You can talk to your regular doctor about that too. Just ask him if he can run any tests to check your hormone levels.
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    are your measurments changing though? You may be gaining muscle weight but losing fat.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I agree with getting your thyroid tested! I just had mine done too. I have a question for you that might be a little personal and if you don't want to answer I'd completly understand!

Do you feel like you might have any symptoms of typical PMS that feel a little severe? The reason I ask is because alot of OBGYN doctors aren't willing to diagnosis patients with a disorder called PMDD. (especially if they are male OBGYN drs, no offence guys!) PMDD is a more hard core form of PMS. Basically you get symptoms of PMS for two to three weeks instead of the week of.

I mention this disorder because I have it, and there are a few things I have to do differently. I have to take two to three pound weight fluctuation with a deep sigh and shrug. On any given day of the week I can step on the scale that much heavier than the night before. It also helps to down more fibers (oatmeal for breakfast, whole wheat breads, lots of fruits and veggies). I find that processed flours and sugars make me feel bloated and icky. Fried foods do the same. I also get really emotional and stressed over nothing. I feel anxious for no reason....like I'm expecting something to go wrong instead of living my life normally until it does.

Anyways, the treatment is up to you and your doctor but mostly its treated with birth control to regulate hormones. You can talk to your regular doctor about that too. Just ask him if he can run any tests to check your hormone levels.

Oh I don't even get PMS I am one of the lucky ones my period doesn't give me any problems at all no cramps-- maybe a little water retention but nothing serious-- I don't skip a beat when my time comes-- And I already had my thyroid checked and its good to go
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Ok--so your scale seems to be evil--but have you thought that maybe it is not reading right either now that it says you're back at your original weight? Go to a gym and weigh using theirs or your doc's scale. See what a "real" scale tells you.

Oh, and throw yours out the window! :tongue:
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    Ok--so your scale seems to be evil--but have you thought that maybe it is not reading right either now that it says you're back at your original weight? Go to a gym and weigh using theirs or your doc's scale. See what a "real" scale tells you.

Oh, and throw yours out the window! :tongue:

throwing it out the window would be the easy way out beating it with a hammer will give it the beating it needs lol