Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream

nmmom2
nmmom2 Posts: 172 Member
Found this recipe in a Clean Eating Magazine and made it tonight..YUM!

1/2 frozen Banana
1T. Natural Peanut Butter
1 Square of Dark Chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
1 T. Almond Milk

Put all ingredients in a small blender and blend until well mixed. Very creamy with bits of chocolate. I really felt like I was eating ice cream.

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    This actually doesn't sound terrible. (Even if I think "ice cream" is a stretch)
  • nmmom2
    nmmom2 Posts: 172 Member
    You kinda have to close your eyes and pretend it's ice cream:) It really is delicious!
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Bump!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    You kinda have to close your eyes and pretend it's ice cream:) It really is delicious!

LOL

I think I'll try it one day.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    oh how you tease me with your thread title! does sound yummy....and, um, i still love and eat ice cream. just not as often. fro yo FTW!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    This isn't ice cream.
  • Shawty_Ro
    Shawty_Ro Posts: 135
    Sounds good
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    I have made this before and it is very good! But my question is, if you want ice cream, why not have ice cream? By my calculations this recipe comes out to around 200 calories. I'm sitting in bed eating Bryers Blasts (thin mint flavor) for 140 calories (and it's about the same serving size as the banana ice cream).

Of course I totally understand that the banana version is "healthier" in that it's not processed with a ton of added crap, so I can see why it would appeal to strictly clean eaters! However, in my experience most people on MFP are just here to calorie count, so I've always wondered why the "banana ice cream" trick is so popular. Just something I've been curious about.

Anyway, sorry to totally derail from the original post!! As I said I have made this before and it's very tasty, thanks for sharing :)
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    I have made this before and it is very good! But my question is, if you want ice cream, why not have ice cream? By my calculations this recipe comes out to around 200 calories. I'm sitting in bed eating Bryers Blasts (thin mint flavor) for 140 calories (and it's about the same serving size as the banana ice cream).

Of course I totally understand that the banana version is "healthier" in that it's not processed with a ton of added crap, so I can see why it would appeal to strictly clean eaters! However, in my experience most people on MFP are just here to calorie count, so I've always wondered why the "banana ice cream" trick is so popular. Just something I've been curious about.

Anyway, sorry to totally derail from the original post!! As I said I have made this before and it's very tasty, thanks for sharing :)

not sure about the OP or others, but i eat it cause it's vegan and doesn't harm the cows. there are many reasons to avoid dairy :flowerforyou:
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member

not sure about the OP or others, but i eat it cause it's vegan and doesn't harm the cows. there are many reasons to avoid dairy :flowerforyou:

Very good point! Hadn't thought of that.
  • RockMe777
    RockMe777 Posts: 24 Member
    I keep banana slices in the freezer, it helps me when I get those ice cream cravings
  • do banana slices go brown in the freezer? and do you have to unthaw them at all or do they not get hard as a rock in there
  • Equina
    Equina Posts: 59 Member
    You can use chocolate pb2 and then skip the chocolate and extra calories from peanut butter, gets the count down to 150 and is yummy!
  • Equina
    Equina Posts: 59 Member
    That is using 1 whole frozen banana, 2 tbls Chocolate Pb2, a tbl or 2 of unsweetened chocolate almond breeze and ice cubes. Sweetener if you like but will up the calorie content. I use splenda to avoid that or a a very ripe banana to add sweetness. If you add an 1/8th of tsp of zantham gum, the consistency is even better. yum yum. sprinkle with a few chocolate chips if you really need to
  • annahcash
    annahcash Posts: 7
    How do I delete a post :indifferent:
  • annahcash
    annahcash Posts: 7
    do banana slices go brown in the freezer? and do you have to unthaw them at all or do they not get hard as a rock in there

I've kept banana slices in the freezer for weeks before and am still able to pull them out and throw them in a blender and not tell the difference! They stay the same color, but IMO I wouldnt de-thaw them to eat like a regular banana, I've tried this, and they just came out soggy and mushy after I thawed them.

Anytime my bananas look to be like they are going bad i cut them up and throw them in the freezer and they're good to go for weeks!

Oh and I don't unthaw mine before I blend them, just throw in a little water or milk to help the blending process.