Fitbit Vs. Up By Jawbone?

Options
Wondering if anyone has any input on which on is better???

Replies

• CandiceScott69
    CandiceScott69 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump, because I am curious to hear the responses.
  • Cutemisscoco
    Options
    I cannot say anything about the fitbit but I have the UP and I love it. The app is great with zero glitches so far and it sync with many other applications so I can track my other activities outside of walking.
  • 4everchanged101
    4everchanged101 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like fitbit better. I like being able to look at my info on the computer and not just on my phone. Jawbone is only an app and doesn't have web support. Fitbit is also better if you have a phone with Bluetooth 4.0. It will automatically sync which is great. I have an Iphone 4 so I don't have the Bluetooth 4.0. I still really love my flex though.
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls! I just pre-ordered a fitbit, neither are available in Canada yet, but the flex is out 2 weeks earlier so I ordered it. I am soooo excited to try it!!!
  • 4everchanged101
    4everchanged101 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fitbit does the linking with a lot of sites as well.
  • infamousdrew76
    infamousdrew76 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I honestly haven't tried either, but based on the research I've done they both pretty much work the same way. Meaning they are both based off an accelerometer which feeds data into an algorithm to calculate calories burned.

I actually use a bodymedia device which also has an accelerometer, but also takes other readings from your body from the metal plates touching your skin.

They all are a little more complicated than that, but depending on what you are trying to do, I don't think you could go to wrong with either. IMO they are better than relying on the MFP database.

If you look on howstuffworks.com they give a simplified explanation of them all.
  • Cutemisscoco
    Options
    I honestly haven't tried either, but based on the research I've done they both pretty much work the same way. Meaning they are both based off an accelerometer which feeds data into an algorithm to calculate calories burned.

I actually use a bodymedia device which also has an accelerometer, but also takes other readings from your body from the metal plates touching your skin.

They all are a little more complicated than that, but depending on what you are trying to do, I don't think you could go to wrong with either. IMO they are better than relying on the MFP database.

If you look on howstuffworks.com they give a simplified explanation of them all.

Thanks I will definitely check it out, I've been curious about the bodymedia and how that would track differently.
  • zinsea
    zinsea Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    have you heard about this Amiigo coming out this summer? not out yet but if it is as good as it sounds it may be worth the wait, I have a fitbit and like it but I am anxious to see about the amiigo.
  • knot2thin
    knot2thin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    In Canada you can buy any fitness monitor at the apple store. Not sure if all the apple stores carry them but the one in WEM Edmonton does. I have the fitbit one and I wear it all the time. It is a great motivator. You can also monitor your sleep.
  • SuprDadOf4
    SuprDadOf4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm leaning towards the Jawbone. The Amiigo seems awesome but there is no official release date and I'm concerned about possible technical issues. I came across a comparison of the Jawbone and the Fitbit that might help from Business Insider

http://www.businessinsider.com/fitbit-flex-vs-jawbone-up-2013-5#the-jawbone-up-has-the-best-battery-life-1
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm leaning towards the Jawbone. The Amiigo seems awesome but there is no official release date and I'm concerned about possible technical issues. I came across a comparison of the Jawbone and the Fitbit that might help from Business Insider

http://www.businessinsider.com/fitbit-flex-vs-jawbone-up-2013-5#the-jawbone-up-has-the-best-battery-life-1

Thanks for this!